PDA

View Full Version : Jammin' in Scotland!

deeaa
October 13th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Last night I went out to jam with our drummer whom I've been in the band with for four years or so, but never met with, and a couple of his friends who played bass and guitar. Not only was it a blast to meet the guy finally, but his buddies were also super cool folk indeed, and we jammed for 2 hours at their training facility. They had brought me a selection of guitars and I ended up with an Epi LesPaul which was very pretty, sounded good and was nice player, and a Marshall Valvestate 2000 amp which was OK too. I surprised myself by using the guitar switch quite a lot to adjust my sound, as there was no channel switcher for the amp. The only thing I missed was my wah - the LP wasn't the greatest guitar when going up the neck and doing bends past 12tht fret and so, the sound kind of died away high up pretty much, so I missed my wah and lead boost sorely :-)

BUT I gotta say, while in my experience players for the most part are a pretty jovial and nice bunch, scots really seem to be especially nice folk. I'm in Edinburgh now and many a times gotten into talking with the locals, and they've all been great and helpful & full of smiles and jokes too. I'm getting to be a real fan of Scotland!

Geraint Jones
October 14th, 2010, 02:43 AM
I found the fact the booze is always flowing up there helps an awful lot as well .

Ch0jin
October 14th, 2010, 02:45 AM
You've been in a band for four years with a drummer you have never met?

Im confused....

deeaa
October 14th, 2010, 09:55 AM
You've been in a band for four years with a drummer you have never met?

Im confused....

Aye, it's an international band w/me from Finland, drummer from Scotland, bassist from Sweden and the guitarists from U.S.A. (Chigaco and N.Y.C.) and none of us had ever met before this. We just work in our own studios and send files back and forth and do the mixing in the States. We've released 3 CD's which are all also on iTunes etc. and working on the fourth, which is to be a cover song CD with tunes from Dio, Maiden, Starz etc. Just look at www.project-43.com for more info...:-)

Mr Pants
October 14th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Will you be trying the bagpipes? Outstanding through a fuzz pedal I believe.

Ch0jin
October 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Aye, it's an international band w/me from Finland, drummer from Scotland, bassist from Sweden and the guitarists from U.S.A. (Chigaco and N.Y.C.) and none of us had ever met before this. We just work in our own studios and send files back and forth and do the mixing in the States. We've released 3 CD's which are all also on iTunes etc. and working on the fourth, which is to be a cover song CD with tunes from Dio, Maiden, Starz etc. Just look at www.project-43.com for more info...:-)

Wow thats so cool! I ask because some mates of mine have been talking about a similar thing. Guitar and Bass here in Oz and Drums from England. Difference is we've all jammed together before, and it's only because the drummer lives in England now we are talking about sending files back and forward.

deeaa
October 14th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Wow thats so cool! I ask because some mates of mine have been talking about a similar thing. Guitar and Bass here in Oz and Drums from England. Difference is we've all jammed together before, and it's only because the drummer lives in England now we are talking about sending files back and forward.

Defininitely go ahead! Besides P-43 I also later resurrected an old band of mine in a similar fashion, and we've been working on songs very slowly but surely exactly the same way. We only live a hundred miles apart, though, so we can also get together for a jam once or twice a year if we like too. Plus now and then I collaborate with other people on the net I've met, and/or have some other people collaborate on my songs. Why, I just had vocal parts done and sent to me by the daughter of an online buddy I worked with on half a dozen songs which had words from a third online buddy, who in turn also provided all the lyrics for my previous band's CD release...it's network life out there :-)