PDA

View Full Version : Red House

Jx2
October 18th, 2010, 09:26 AM
This by far has always been my favorite blues tune. Ive looked at the tabs I could find and tinkered with it several times over the years. When I was going to bars all the time if a band played it, Id request it several times a night and if they said they wouldnt play it again Id pay them up to $20 to play it again.

With the way everything I play now comes out bluesy I figured its a good time to take this on once again. However, this song is a BEAR! Im not concerned playing it note for note as long as when I play it I dont have 300 people saying your way off right there. And Ive been tryin to diffrent things along the idea's of the tab and listening to the music. On the area's where the tab's dont seem right to me or if its something I cant get to sound right. Mainly because alot of online tabs are great for showing you where to play it but not really how to play it especially when it comes to bends and stuff imo.

Anyone have any advice on how to proceed on this? Maybe some online video's on how to play the song or the tecniques Jimi used in the song?

Retro Hound
October 18th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Like this?

ODrO3P3t9ks

_guXrBh3WIs

Jx2
October 18th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks, I know those will help.

R_of_G
October 18th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Lesson #1: The guy's tone in that first one is just horrendous. Overdrive and distortion are wonderful tools, I use them all the time, but what's the point of learning licks when you can't even hear the individual notes being played? Maybe that's why he has the reverb turned up to 11.

Retro Hound
October 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Even better, Robert has a lesson! http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/lesson-65.php

Jx2
October 18th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Robert is the man and he makes things look to easy. But yet makes you feel like you can do it. Ive yet to see something from his videos that makes you think I'll never be able to do that crap.

From what Ive seen its all about self improv and expression. Ive been noodling with it for the past hour or so, alternating between tabs, videos, and listening to the song. Right now I just got to find a way to get a few more notes tied and to tighten up my timing. Mine doesnt follow 100% of anything but it fits, and I think only the hard nose critics would be able to tell any diffrence. Then on to the next part.

Thansk guys!!!