PDA

View Full Version : New Amp Day! Skyraider...

Robert
October 18th, 2010, 05:01 PM
It showed up today and I took it for a 10 minute spin at lunch... sweet chiming tones here! :dance :rockya :thumbsup

And it looks just AWESUM! :drool

mRcQ0hoqgKg

http://www.mackamps.com/Portals/60335/images//Amp_SR_15_head_front_2_lrg.jpg

Tig
October 18th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Wow, that sure is a cool amph!
I had to look this model up here (http://www.mackamps.com/products-Skyraider-SR15/).

Hot, Burn & Melt character settings???

After watching the demo videos, I'm sure you'll love it. Here comes the GAS!

Hot. Ultra rich and warm tube tone. Medium gain.
Burn. Aggressive high-mids, controlled bottom end, classic crunch and distortion tones. High gain. Great for dark sounding humbuckers.
Melt. Big bottom, aggressive throughout the frequency spectrum. Roaring crunch and distortion. Highest gain. Great for producing ‘huge’ distorted tone from single coil guitars.

Katastrophe
October 18th, 2010, 05:44 PM
ALL your Macks sound great, Robert...

*Might have SOMETHING to do with the person playing them*

Can't wait to see a vid!

Spudman
October 18th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Warning! The addition to house all your gear is an expensive build. (Just saying)
Congrats on the new Mack.

sunvalleylaw
October 18th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Wow, you just keep adding great amphs! Can't wait to hear this one in action too. Somehow I think you will still sound like you though. :agree

guitarhack
October 19th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Cool looking amp, Robert. Congratulations. I'm looking forward to the demo.

ZMAN
October 19th, 2010, 06:53 AM
You are getting as bad as me 7 amps and one on the way. You will now need more cabs!

piebaldpython
October 19th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Nice score Robert. You have the entire Mack arsenal now, don't you? You have the Mack Gem, their EL84-based Heatseeker and now their 6V6-based Skyraider. There isn't a tone you can't get now. :digit

Robert
October 19th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Yep, I have options up the wazoo...