PDA

View Full Version : I love this thing....

Jx2
October 19th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Today the big brown truck dropped me off a Fender Champion 600. I got to say Im highly satisfied with this decision. Its pretty straight foward amp, its my first true tube if you will powered by a 12AX7. It also only has one channel and only a volume controll so your sort of limited to what it can do. Not that I think much needs to be really done, that a few pedals cant take care, i.e. a good OD, and EQ. I can see why some people dont care to much for the 6" speaker, with the volume at 10 or 11(yes it goes spinal tap) you can really hear that speaker working. Later tonight though Im going to hook it up to my stock Randall 4x12 cab and see what that sounds like. I'll report back when I do. Its also respecitively loud for a 5w amp and you cant complain about the price $150.

I dont have the tools to provide you a link, but there are several reviews and demo's on you tube. Here's a link to MF to the amp itself if you want to see more info or what it looks like.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Champion-600-5W-1x6-Combo-Amp?sku=485054

:dance :happy :dude

oldguy
October 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Congrats, and glad to hear you're liking your tube amph!:applause
I'd venture a guess that once you hear it through a 4x12 cab you'll like it even more. A small wattage tube amplifier through a good cab is a treat when you can crank it up.:thumbsup (and it's nicer than a 100 watter cranked, as far as the neighbors are concerned.)

Jx2
October 19th, 2010, 06:14 PM
You are exactly right, and that little puppy is really quiet loud through the cabinet cranked. Im sold....anyone need a Randall RX120D head?

Tig
October 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Happy new amp day!!!

kiteman
October 20th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Is this your first taste of tubes? Boy, you're gonna be spoiled. :dance

Jx2
October 20th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Yea, its my first true tube amp. Im really digging this thing. I also can see why less is really more. That thing in my 4x12 cab has plenty of volume cranked if thats what someone wants, I like it with the volume on about 7 or 8. I think Im going to look for a 15w tube head, I think thats all I really need and that might even be a bit of over kill for my jamming sessions. On some other boards, Ive been ridiculed for going with this. And I just respond with telling them to test it out before knocking this decision, especially if you can get it hooked up to a cab.

sumitomo
October 20th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Welcome Home! Sumi:D

kiteman
October 20th, 2010, 10:37 AM
See what I mean? :dance

Now you're looking for a 15 watt tube head. :poke