PDA

View Full Version : BYOC Classic Overdrive (TS808 clone)

duhvoodooman
October 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM
EDIT 10/22: SOLD!! Thanks for looking!

10/19: Special offer for the next couple of days only:

I'm getting my next BYOC kit order together, and I have room for one Classic Overdrive in my Nov. build schedule. $125 for a fully finished pedal or $95 for assembled & tested but unpainted. That's $10 off my normal pricing, not to mention the fact that hereafter, orders go to the end of the line (April build date, at the moment). So here's an opportunity to get a genuine DVM-made pedal both CHEAP and FAST!! PM me if interested. As I said, only one build slot available, so first come, first served....

duhvoodooman
October 20th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Just by way of follow-up....I just got my own Classic Overdrive reassembled on Saturday after painting the enclosure. I'd put a few minutes on it when I first assembled the kit, but not much playing time. So I put it into my pedal chain and have been using it the last few evenings. Man, does this thing sound good. It may not have nearly the flexibility that my Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mark II offers, but for a "one-trick pony", it does its job superbly. Just a really warm, rich sounding overdrive. I'll put this pedal up against any straight TS808 clone out there....or the original! If you want a hand-built Ibanez TS808, they'll sell you THIS ONE (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TS808HW-Tube-Screamer-Overdrive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=620649).....for $349!!! :eek: Or you can grab my Nov. Classic Overdrive build for $125 assembled & painted or $95 assembled only.

sunvalleylaw
October 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM
oooohhh, $95 for a really cool mystery box. That would be cool if I did not already have a ZYS. I always liked the idea of nice tone boxes that have that utility look. I saw that hand wired one in a catalog the other day and just smiled.

duhvoodooman
October 22nd, 2010, 08:22 AM
SOLD!! Thanks for looking!

syo
October 22nd, 2010, 08:42 AM
SOLD!! Thanks for looking!

Wwwhha?! I thought I won this pedal?!
Oh wait, that's Robert's thing...

Pleasure doing bidness with you:D