PDA

View Full Version : Some Lou Reed to kick off the weekend!

FrankenFretter
October 22nd, 2010, 04:48 PM
I absolutely love Rock and Roll Animal. It is, quite possibly, one of the best live rock albums out there. Fantastic guitar and bass. This is by far my favorite version of Sweet Jane. Enjoy!

7FdWPeHFAMk

R_of_G
October 22nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Definitely some excellent live Lou on that album. I've always loved the super-lengthy intro to that "Sweet Jane" as well. The only live Lou Reed I like more is a 1992 bootlegged show I have, but that's quite possibly because the guitarist is Marc Ribot. :)

msteeln
October 22nd, 2010, 07:16 PM
You can hear plenty more of this tour on www.wolfgangsvault.com

oldguy
October 23rd, 2010, 05:03 AM
Like R of G, I always loved that intro!
The rest of the song (and album, as well), still sounds great.
Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner made the opening an event in itself. I managed to score a Steve Hunter album later, (Swept Away), and I believe it was one of the most influential albums on my turntable at the time. I'd play along trying to figure out chord changes and bits of lead passages. Great memories.

sunvalleylaw
October 26th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Nice! I missed this and loves me some Lou.

I got into him while I was at law school and he made a little comeback with this album:

ypGNwfzwJfo

duhvoodooman
October 27th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Ah, yes! The classic Hunter-Wagner duet intro. Amazing! I can listen to this one anytime, anywhere. And major props to Prakash John on bass. That was truly some kind of band!

Guitar50
October 27th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Rock & Roll Animal is one of the best!

I still have my "Swept Away" album - - - Steve Hunter was/is one of my favorites.

Pickngrin
October 30th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I always loved this version. Thanks for posting.

FrankenFretter
October 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I always loved this version. Thanks for posting.

My pleasure. I actually learned something from you guys just by posting this, which may have been part of my plan. I didn't know the guitarists on the album, since I downloaded it (legally, I might add) and didn't have the info. So, thanks to you folks for enlightening me!

NWBasser
October 31st, 2010, 10:26 AM
My pleasure. I actually learned something from you guys just by posting this, which may have been part of my plan. I didn't know the guitarists on the album, since I downloaded it (legally, I might add) and didn't have the info. So, thanks to you folks for enlightening me!

But...who's that on bass?

Killer bassist too.

Thanks for posting this one Sean, I'll be getting it on iTunes today.

FrankenFretter
October 31st, 2010, 10:36 AM
Ah, yes! The classic Hunter-Wagner duet intro. Amazing! I can listen to this one anytime, anywhere. And major props to Prakash John on bass. That was truly some kind of band!

There ya go, Jason.

NWBasser
November 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
There ya go, Jason.

:thwap

This is what happens when you don't get enough sleep.

BTW, I just got the album last night from iTunes. Unfortunately, you can't just get the single song. Hopefully, the rest will be as good as the first.

R_of_G
November 2nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
BTW, I just got the album last night from iTunes. Unfortunately, you can't just get the single song. Hopefully, the rest will be as good as the first.

As good, if not better. The whole thing is classic live Lou Reed. I think you'll enjoy it.

FrankenFretter
November 2nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
As good, if not better. The whole thing is classic live Lou Reed. I think you'll enjoy it.

^^^^ What he said.

NWBasser
November 4th, 2010, 06:19 PM
^^^^ What he said.

Yep.

I finally got to it and have to agree.