PDA

View Full Version : NGD again.....

Jx2
October 24th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Not very often I acquire 2 guitars in a week, but it did this weekend. I think Ive mentioned I like to trade though.

I told a couple friends I was going to sell my Randall RX120D half stack. And one of them brought buy this nice acoustic. Which I needed my Wood's brand has seen better days, the bridge is holding on my a few strainds of glue. Anyways, I traded the Randall for a Gretsch Historic Series G3366 and hardshell case, 3 pedals(Digitech Death Metal, Hugh's & Kettner Warp Zone, Ibanez Screamin Deamon) and $100 bucks cash. Cant find much info on the Gretsch though, guy said it was a limited run modeled after a old Gibson. Who knows, I liked it alot the action on this puppy is just sic and the tone is beautifull very bluesy almost Robert Johnson like. Only downside is it means I'll have to wait till probably the 1st of the year to get a 15-30w tube amp. But hey its not like Im ready to gig tomarrow or anything. I know these threads are normally considered worthless without pic's. I'll get those up tomarrow morning sometime. The lighting in my house doesnt produce very good pic's. If anyone happens to know anything about these guitars Id be intrested in knowing. All Ive really found is a couple reviews from harmony look's like this guitar sold new for around $400 and has decent reviews no word if its actualy based off a old gibson or not though.

J.

kidsmoke
October 24th, 2010, 07:32 PM
I found somethin'

Does this sound right?
(http://www.guitar-list.com/gretsch/acoustic-guitars/gretsch-grand-concert-cutaway-g3366-no-270-1203)

Seems like it could be a decent guitar. All Lami? or solid top?

Jx2
October 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
yea thats it, except this one has a pick guard on it. Im not sold it wasnt added later but it looks good on there and when I play the way Im beating the body when strumming its probably a good thing to have. I saw that but it doesnt offer much information.

I think its a solid top, but I cant say for sure. Im not expert, I know its a hot item amoung my circle of musicians. I saw my buddy turn down $600 cash for it earlier this spring. Which from what I have located would be a great selling point. And really opens up the window if I decide to deal it within the circle as we call it. We trade so much, that our gear is basically "our" gear. I have a Jagmaster that I bought new 3-4 years ago. Ive "owned" it about 5 times, with 2 other guys owning it at least 3 times each.

lou
October 25th, 2010, 01:27 PM
These were not based on the Gibsons your re-issue is actually based on a late 50 early 60's Gretsch that they made over seas When they were really expensive )
They were called Grand Concert Acoustics and were a solid top ( as both as a cut away and non cut away )and I believe the sides and back were laminates and your friend would have done extremely well to have sold it for $600.00 they sell usually in the $200-250 range in excellent shape.
Oh yeah that pick guard was added after the sale, they came naked as a Jay bird, still a fun guitar to play thats for sure.lou
They listed them for arond $500.00 witha street price around 350-400.hope this helps

Jx2
October 25th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks lou thats more of what I expected to learn. I figured from knowing the guy that I needed some boots for part of what he was telling me. Its all good though, main reason I suspected as much is cos of everything he was tossing in with it. Bottom line though its a great little acoustic imo, I love how it plays and sounds.