PDA

View Full Version : Who wins 2010 Resident Guitar Hoarder of the Year title?

poodlesrule
October 25th, 2010, 08:07 AM
We know someone in Idahuh hoards guitars, and is a virtual past Resident Guitar Hoarder award winner.

Who else is coming up in the ranks, and should be receiving the coveted title for 2010?

Note that this year, the winner will donate a guitar of his/her choice to charity.

hubberjub
October 25th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Crashpad and I both have quite a few guitars but no one has a collection like Spud's. I'm sure he'll be happy to donate his Luke to charity.

poodlesrule
October 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I'm sure he'll be happy to donate his Luke to charity.

Swell.
I never played a Luke before!

Spudman
October 25th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Crashpad and I both have quite a few guitars but no one has a collection like Spud's. I'm sure he'll be happy to donate his Luke to charity.

I laughed so hard I have tears coming out of my eyes. In fact I'm putting it in the box right now so I can take to UPS to send to YOU. :laughingatyou

Actually, Duff is the guy that has an insatiable appetite for consumption these days. He's bought more guitars int he last year than probably anybody here.

duhvoodooman
October 25th, 2010, 08:28 AM
IActually, Duff is the guy that has an insatiable appetite for consumption these days. He's bought more guitars int he last year than probably anybody here.
Amen. When my wife starts getting on my case about buying guitars, I do a forum search on "Duffy" and show her how good she's got it being married to a bastion of fiscal restraint like me.... ;)

sunvalleylaw
October 25th, 2010, 08:48 AM
C-64 gave some spurts too, but not in the total volume. I would judge it would be hard to catch up to Spud, but he has not added a lot lately in terms of guitars (or much other gear for that matter). Duffy is the contender for sure.

Robert
October 25th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Not me, but I might win the amp hoarder title! :D Never bought as many amps as I did this year...

Bloozcat
October 25th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Amen. When my wife starts getting on my case about buying guitars, I do a forum search on "Duffy" and show her how good she's got it being married to a bastion of fiscal restraint like me.... ;)

Did that work for you DVM? 'Cause all I got when I showed Spud's guitar collection to my wife was, "This Spud guy doesn't live in this house" :nope

Eric
October 25th, 2010, 09:46 AM
My vote is usually for C64, but at this point he probably fits best in the gear-churn category.

Other than those mentioned, I also thought Robert (Squier, Swede...others?) bought a few axes this year. I suppose I could also nominate myself, come to think of it.

MAXIFUNK
October 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I am mere Fledgling compared to so many folks on here.
I'll make 2011 my to gain some ground but clearly with out a major win fall it will take man many years to catch up to many of you. LOL
But I am up for the challenge!!!!

Commodore 64
October 25th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I'm more of a gear churner.

I have 3 guitars in my office right now, though. That Epi Strat with the droop headstock, the SX Tele that I got from Eric, and the Samick Artist Series LP that I picked up today from GC (pics when I get home).

At home I've got:

Taylor 110 Acoustic
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic (needs work)
Samick Jazzmaster
Fender MiM Tele
Fender MiM Strat
Ibby Artcore AF85
Jackson Soloist Pro
Aria (?) Banjo

Tig
October 25th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I also tried the "Look at how many guitars Spud has... You're lucky I only have these _____ guitars, Honey" method also, but it didn't get me too far.

When the Washburn arrived, she asked if this means I'll be getting rid of any other guitars. I probably gave her the are-ya-effin'-joking? face!
:eek: + :confused: + :messedup:

FrankenFretter
October 25th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Yeah, Duffy seems to be on a real run this year. I can't even keep track anymore.

This has also been my biggest year: Two Epis, an Agile and a White Bridge Tele. Did I forget any?

C64 seems to be the smartest about it. I should try that.

Katastrophe
October 25th, 2010, 06:24 PM
For sheer numbers, I'd have to vote for Tater (Spudman)...

Duffy has bought more guitars than I have in my entire life, and has amassed quite a number of amphs, too!

For amphs, though, Robert has been on a tear!

Thanks for buying the gear, guys. I live vicariously through your purchases!

bcdon
October 25th, 2010, 06:27 PM
This has also been my biggest year: Two Epis, an Agile and a White Bridge Tele. Did I forget any?

Is the 2nd Epi the hollow body (with flames and dice?) If so, I think you got them all. ;-)

Spudman
October 25th, 2010, 07:45 PM
For sheer numbers, I'd have to vote for Tater (Spudman)...

I do have a bunch, but nothing was purchased this year. It's pretty amazing, I'm quite content...for now.:D Duff has to get the 2010 Fret.net gas satisfication award.

Robert
October 25th, 2010, 07:54 PM
This year, I only got a Hagstrom Viking, Hagstrom Swede and Squier CV 50 Tele. Pretty lame, really... ;)

Spudman
October 25th, 2010, 10:48 PM
This year, I only got a Hagstrom Viking, Hagstrom Swede and Squier CV 50 Tele. Pretty lame, really... ;)

That's only 3. I've done that in a week. Of course, I don't have any of those spiffy Mack amphs though.:cool:

deeaa
October 26th, 2010, 05:36 AM
I've bought 2 (Classic Vibe and Yamaha) and built one (Superbiore :-). Well the Classic vibe I also pretty much de-constructed so I guess it'd be called a build. Or a demolition job, how ever you see it...

FrankenFretter
October 26th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Is the 2nd Epi the hollow body (with flames and dice?) If so, I think you got them all. ;-)

Yep, the second one was the Flamekat.

hubberjub
October 26th, 2010, 07:15 AM
That's only 3. I've done that in a week. Of course, I don't have any of those spiffy Mack amphs though.:cool:

I bought four in one day but I think it was the end of last year. That was my worst offense. This years been all about the pedal steel. I bought a new Sierra and an entire rack system. Next year will be about amps.

poodlesrule
October 26th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I bought four in one day but I think it was the end of last year. That was my worst offense.

Ah... so, it may be seasonal?

hubberjub
October 26th, 2010, 07:44 AM

Yep. I checked and it was November 17 (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=13533). It's anniversary is coming up. I'm starting to get that twitch. This can't be good.

Spudman
October 26th, 2010, 09:05 AM

I do that too. My birthday is in October so I'm more prone to buying in the fall. That was before I became aware of my sickness...GAS.:D

sunvalleylaw
October 26th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Hmm, me too. Though that doesn't exclude me from other times of year completely. First strat, fall of 2006, Hagstrom, 2008, Martin, 2009, considering tele, 2010. My Fully I had for a while was a spring purchase.