PDA

View Full Version : Slash/Mlyes Kennedy Unplugged

Jx2
October 25th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Check this link out you wont be disappointed(till they pull the videos). Anyone know what kind of guitars those are in the begining of cival war Slash gets asked and he doesnt know all he says is he knows they where made there in austrillia. :rockya

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/online_downloads/slash_watch_entire_acoustic_set.html

Eric
October 26th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Anyone know what kind of guitars those are in the begining of cival war Slash gets asked and he doesnt know all he says is he knows they where made there in austrillia. :rockya
I don't have time right now to check out the videos, but if I was to guess blindly I'd say they're probably Maton guitars -- from what I know, they're pretty much the de facto Australian guitar.

Jimi75
October 26th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the link. I think it is a beautiful acoustic set. I enjoyed watching two of the vids and will definitely check back tomorrow morning. AWESOME!!!

:dance

Tig
October 26th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Nice solo-outro on Civil War at 7:50. This was a surprisingly good sounding set, and the very first acoustic by Slash.

Jx2
October 26th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Im really digging Myles vocals on the songs he's done with Slash. IMO, its a damn shame he's turned down the offer to join VR sigting a comitment to Alter Bridge, when the boys from AB are free to bounce from AB to Creed and back again. At the same time though I really respect his comitment to the band. I think its just part of why Slash has said Myles has rejuvinated him on lead singers.

I think and I hope songs like By the Sword and Back to Cali become songs VR plays for years to come when they get back on the road. Either that or I hope Slash has another solo album in a few years and go's back on the road.

Jimi75
October 27th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Im really digging Myles vocals on the songs he's done with Slash. IMO, its a damn shame he's turned down the offer to join VR sigting a comitment to Alter Bridge, when the boys from AB are free to bounce from AB to Creed and back again. At the same time though I really respect his comitment to the band. I think its just part of why Slash has said Myles has rejuvinated him on lead singers.

I think and I hope songs like By the Sword and Back to Cali become songs VR plays for years to come when they get back on the road. Either that or I hope Slash has another solo album in a few years and go's back on the road.

Or he forms a band called Guns & Orchids, with Myles on lead vocals and the rest of the bunch except of SchmAXL ;-)

Jx2
October 27th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I beleive the reason Gun's was replaced with Revolver with these guys. Is because the original line up and orgin on the bands name. Tracy Gunn, and Axl Rose ala Gun's N Roses. Tracy leaves forms L.A. Guns and in steps in Slash, Steven and Duffy. I find L.A. Guns a little ironic itself because Axl and Izzy's first band was called Hollywood Rose. Which also for a very short time included Slash and Steven.

Ch0jin
October 28th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Well as the resident Australian, and Maton afficianado (OK I only have 2 so far, because they are frikkin expensive) I felt duty bound to pipe up.

Like Eric said, Maton (and Cole Clark) are pretty much the de-facto standard in high end acoustics here in Oz. I mean they've been around longer than Gibson as far as I know so it's no surprise.

The one Slash is playing in Civil War looks like a Maton Tommy Emmanuel Series. It's a pretty high end unit, they retail for like $3800AUD VERY drool worthy. TE Series (http://www.maton.com.au/acoustics/te-series.html)

The one Myles is using looks to be a Maton Messiah, VERY high end bit of kit there. You'd be looking at around $4400AUD for that. Messiah (http://www.maton.com.au/acoustics/messiah-series.html)

Also that was done right here in Sydney just recently. Audience were competition winners only I think.

Oh and lastly, if you don't know who Tommy Emanuel is, do yourself a favor and find out. Some consider him one of the worlds best acoustic players and he received honorary degree CGP for "Certified Guitar Player" from Chet Atkins.

And he's Australian.........:):rockya :rockya :rockya :rockya

Eric
October 28th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Oh and lastly, if you don't know who Tommy Emanuel is, do yourself a favor and find out. Some consider him one of the worlds best acoustic players and he received honorary degree CGP for "Certified Guitar Player" from Chet Atkins.
I saw him earlier this year. 100% amazing performance.