PDA

View Full Version : Nik Huber Krautster...awesome vid

Jimi75
October 26th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Nik Huber is a German luthier that builds excellent instruments. I love the Krautster (2011 model will have 2 HBs). Check out his video by Lance Keltner playing the Krautster. This guitar rocks.

it-pc0FTzEE

duhvoodooman
October 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Day-um!! I HATE guys that play that good!! :mad

Fantastic bridge humbucker tone on that guitar! :rockya

sumitomo
October 27th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Yea what he said! Sweet! Sumi:D

Ch0jin
October 27th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Hey Zeus that was impressive!
That guys got some monster tone fingers for sure :)

The name of the guitar threw me though, I'd always assumed the first part of that name was kind of a racial slur... I guess not.

oldguy
October 27th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Great video, thanks, Jimi!
Nik Huber builds some beautiful guitars, but I doubt I'll ever be able to afford one.

bcdon
October 27th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Hey Zeus that was impressive!
That guys got some monster tone fingers for sure :)

The name of the guitar threw me though, I'd always assumed the first part of that name was kind of a racial slur... I guess not.
What, 'Krautster' ? I wouldn't call that a racial slur; unless you mean the primary definition of slur; 'To play smoothly or legato; of musical passages.'

Ch0jin
October 28th, 2010, 12:22 AM
What, 'Krautster' ? I wouldn't call that a racial slur; unless you mean the primary definition of slur; 'To play smoothly or legato; of musical passages.'

No not the whole word, just the first part.

Exert from Wikipedia..

"Kraut is a German word recorded in English from 1918 onwards as a derogatory term for a German, particularly a German soldier."

LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraut#cite_note-0)

I guess it's been "taken back" as it were. I saw a reference to a 1991 German Hip-Hop compilation called "Krauts with Attitude" which is obviously a nod to the boys from NWA.

marnold
October 28th, 2010, 08:49 AM
"Wie geht's, ya'll." Indeed.

As a fullblooded Kraut myself, I've never been too troubled by the "Kraut" moniker. Certainly nothing along the lines of the proverbial n-word. Plus sauerkraut is awesome.

Oh yeah, the guitar's pretty cool :) As DVM pointed out, he probably could make anything sound pretty awesome.

Ch0jin
October 28th, 2010, 03:17 PM

As a fullblooded Kraut myself, I've never been too troubled by the "Kraut" moniker. Certainly nothing along the lines of the proverbial n-word. Plus sauerkraut is awesome.

Cool to know :) I worked with a German guy a couple of years back who grew up behind the wall in Berlin, and was a bit of a history buff. I learnt so much from him about Germany, we must have covered just about everything else to do with German culture except that word!

Oh and I love Sauerkraut too :)

otaypanky
October 30th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Killer !

One of my customers just ordered a strap for a Krautster 2 weeks ago
He sent me this link for a photo
http://www.nikhuber-guitars.com/images/krautster_full_800px.jpg

Ch0jin
October 30th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Wow! I wonder what kind of wood is used for that neck? It looks like it's been carved from a slab of marble!

Katastrophe
October 30th, 2010, 08:03 PM

Careful, uttering "y'all" three more times, and you become a Texan. Large German population in this state.

Lance Keltner can sure play, and that guitar is gorgeous. His backing band is awesome, too!

marnold
November 1st, 2010, 09:04 AM
Careful, uttering "y'all" three more times, and you become a Texan. Large German population in this state.
Actually, the thickest German accent I ever heard in the United States was in Abita Springs, Louisiana, of all places.