PDA

View Full Version : Gold Top arrived today ..

Blaze
October 26th, 2010, 04:28 PM
This is a Gibson Orville Goldtop 1994 ... Hum.. love it ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orville_by_Gibson

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652//Gold Orville Gibson 3.jpg

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652//Gold Top Gibson Orville.jpg

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/31/1555652//Gold Top Gibson Orville 2.jpg

Eric
October 26th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Sweet! Congrats!

Where'd you snag it? Ebay?

guitarhack
October 26th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Beautiful guitar. Enjoy!

Tone2TheBone
October 26th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Wow that is gorgeous congrats.

Katastrophe
October 26th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Beautiful guitar, Blaze!

I know you'll have fun with that guitar.

ZMAN
October 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Gotta love a Goldie Blaze. It was worth the wait.

NWBasser
October 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Oh sweet!

I love Les Pauls and that one's a real beauty.

Roughly speaking, where do those things lie pricewise these days?

Robert
October 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Congrats! It's look awesome! Let's hear it!

sunvalleylaw
October 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Nice!

Spudman
October 26th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Jeepers! A guitar that got me excited.:drool: That looks awesome and I'm way envious. She's a beauty for sure.

Jimi75
October 27th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Now this is what a great guitar should look like!
CONGRATZ :dude

syo
October 27th, 2010, 06:58 AM
After your unfortunate false start on these some months back, looks like you got yourself a really nice one.
Felicitations Blaze!

Blaze
October 27th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Thanks guys

After few months lookin I was few minutes away of biding for a Cherry Orville 96 on E bay but in my mind i ve always wanted a Goldie but they re pretty rare on the net and expensive too..

So ,just as a last minute luck i googled Orville Gold Top and there she was on a Kijiji ad from Winnipeg ...

This is a Gibson made guitar for the Japan market ,between 1988 and 1998 , so 1\3 of the price and from the reviews ive read ,Gibsons owners compare the Orville to the real thing and some say it s better..

I ve tried one or two real goldie in my life, i think it s quiet identical to the US one..

The guy has changed the Japan bridge PAF for a Seymour JB..

I might get some Burstbuckers or 57 sometimes..

So , i m in love ..This guitar sounds so good and it s versatile as well ..I m enjoy messing with the tone and volume controls to get nice tones..

These can go from $750 to $1000 and more for the rare one..

A clip to come ..

VoilĂ*

Blaze
_________

sumitomo
October 27th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Enjoy Blaze,she's a beauty.Sumi:D

Tig
October 27th, 2010, 08:13 AM
That is a serious drool-inducing goldie!
Congratulations for getting one finally.

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/id-hit-it.jpg

NWBasser
October 27th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I'm aware that the Japan Fenders are considered at least on par with MIA and sometimes better. It looks like the same situation for your Oroville.

That guitar is awesome beyond words.

otaypanky
October 27th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I have two MIJ Fenders and yes they are great.
I have heard of the Orville but didn't know anything about it ~
Sounds like it was a real find, enjoy :thumbsup

oldguy
October 27th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Congrats, Blaze, that's one good looking guitar!
I do know many of the Orvilles were considered equal to the Gibsons, if not better.:hungry

ZMAN
November 10th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hey Blaze are you still locked up with your Goldie. It is time for a review. Did you get the pickups you wanted or are you just leaving it the way it came?
Sometimes they just grow on you.

Blaze
November 11th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Hey Blaze are you still locked up with your Goldie. It is time for a review. Did you get the pickups you wanted or are you just leaving it the way it came?
Sometimes they just grow on you.

Oh man , i love this guitar ..I ve made some adjustments ,tuned harmonics and i will go to my tech for a little neck truss rod job..

For now i enjoy the PUs , specially the bridge Seymour ..
Might change the Neck stock Mij Paf for a Classic 57 i already have for few months..The output of the 57 should fit nicely with the Seymour Duncan..
So i ll try this formula for a while but still i d like to try a pair of Burstbuckers in the futur ..

Review and clip to come ..

ZMAN
November 11th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Oh man , i love this guitar ..I ve made some adjustments ,tuned harmonics and i will go to my tech for a little neck truss rod job..

For now i enjoy the PUs , specially the bridge Seymour ..
Might change the Neck stock Mij Paf for a Classic 57 i already have for few months..The output of the 57 should fit nicely with the Seymour Duncan..
So i ll try this formula for a while but still i d like to try a pair of Burstbuckers in the futur ..

Review and clip to come ..
The 57 in the neck and the JB in the bridge sounds like a killer combo. While your tech is doing the neck, get him to check out the nut. somtimes they need a little tweaking. It can make a lot of difference to the action and the tone.
After hearing the 57 and the JB you may put off getting the BBs.
I think a fairly heavy Les Paul NEEDS a little higher powered pickup in the bridge. I am pretty sure the JB is 16.4 DC resistance. The 498 is about 13.5, and I think the BB3 is about 12 to 13. So I think you have it covered. And you can't go wrong with a Seymour Duncan.
I did some checking and the BB1 is 8.4, BB2 is 8.7 and BB3 is 9.1. So you may not like it. The 57 is 7.8 and the 57 classic plus is usually 8.6.
Hope this helps.

Brian Krashpad
November 11th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Wow, yum!

Congrats!