PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park "Robot Boy" = Jimi's "Hey Joe"?

Jimi75
October 28th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Don't know if anyone thinks the wy I think about this, but I have heard the song in the radio for the first time in my life and it was so obviously Jimi's Hey Joe...do you hear that relation of the two songs, too?

p_hSHHW0GT4&p=C1980004ECED464A&playnext=1&index=28

Fretz
October 28th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Yep, spot on there! Sound like they tried to disguise it a bit by using piano.

What about this one...Curtis Mayfield's People Get Ready.
I think the intro sounds a lot like John Mayer's Slow Dancing in A Burning Room.

VQqTxK7VhSk

ZMAN
October 28th, 2010, 06:32 AM
The exact chord progression. As they say in Britain you are Spot On.

Commodore 64
October 28th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Dokken's Into the Fire and Dio's Rainbow in the Dark are very similar too.

Jimi75
October 28th, 2010, 06:38 AM
If at least they would admit it an saying they did "steal" to honour Jimi...

sumitomo
October 28th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Yep thats what I hear.Made me think about the first time I heard Hey Joe,and it was by the Leaves.Sumi:D

KWv03Wgz0PQ

Commodore 64
October 28th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Good point Sumi. It's not Jimi's song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Joe

marnold
October 28th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Dokken's Into the Fire and Dio's Rainbow in the Dark are very similar too.
Well, inasmuch as they are both 80s metal. Other than that I don't know how anyone could say they sound similar.

As far as Linkin Park goes, copying Jimi would be a major step in the right direction. There's a band that is in desperate need of breaking up . . . or blowing up. I listened to the first minute of the song and gave up.

Of course, Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin made their name ripping off Willie Dixon. Lots of people cover songs, but the Zep boys tried to pass off all that stuff as original.

R_of_G
October 28th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Of course, Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin made their name ripping off Willie Dixon. Lots of people cover songs, but the Zep boys tried to pass off all that stuff as original.

"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth." - Homer Simpson

Fretz
October 28th, 2010, 10:47 AM

As did Clapton with the Yardbirds :)