PDA

View Full Version : Prince - Welcome 2 America

Robert
October 29th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Prince is the most amazing artist I have ever seen live. Unreal. Here's Prince at the Jay Leno Show - the infectious energy is just about a thousand times more powerful live. If you have a chance to see him live - DO IT!

Now he is announcing his Welcome 2 America tour. A different experience every night, the 52-year-old music legend will be joined by various performers including Maceo Parker, Janelle Monae, Mint Condition, Esperanza Spalding, Cassandra Wilson, Sinbad, Lalah Hathaway, Sheila E. and Graham Central Station.

Prince also revealed that he’ll be playing a custom-built Fender Stratocaster made of solid gold during the shows. Because that’s the kind of thing Prince does. The guitar will be auctioned off at the end of the tour to benefit the Harlem Children’s Zone.

Tickets go on sale on Saturday (Oct. 30). Dates below:

December
14 — East Rutherford, N.J. @ Izod Center
15 — East Rutherford, N.J. @ Izod Center
17 — East Rutherford, N.J. @ Izod Center
18 — New York, N.Y. @ Madison Square Garden
29 — New York, N.Y. @ Madison Square Garden

http://promo.livenation.com/prince/

8vITKFi2W_o

Tone2TheBone
October 29th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Prince is one bad little mofo. :dude

otaypanky
October 29th, 2010, 09:57 AM
T I G H T ! I totally dig Prince. High energy funk to the max. Did you catch all those James Brown style steps he's doing while he's playing? And I loved that kick Sheila E does.

Robert
October 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Prince is wicked cool as a performer.

He can play some great guitar too.

His solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps is just wicked. It's so cool how he just shows up, steals the show and finishes with throwing up the guitar in the air and leaves. What a guy.

ifp_SVrlurY

sumitomo
October 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Dang! That was tight,so nice I had to watch it twice!Sumi:D

Tone2TheBone
October 29th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah, Prince is wicked cool as a performer.

He can play some great guitar too.

His solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps is just wicked. It's so cool how he just shows up, steals the show and finishes with throwing up the guitar in the air and leaves. What a guy.

ifp_SVrlurY

Prince -
*tosses guitar in the air* "yeah here's my guitar man I got shit to do".....*walks off* :thumbsup

vroomery
October 29th, 2010, 11:18 PM
wow...prince is absolutely nuts. I love his solo at the end of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

SuperSwede
October 30th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Prince -
*tosses guitar in the air* "yeah here's my guitar man I got shit to do".....*walks off* :thumbsup
:dude :dude :dude

helliott
October 30th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I've seen that before but had forgotten how awesome that solo is. How could I forget that. Haven't seen him, but now must. Wonder what sort of crazy stuff he's done to that Tele style guitar?