PDA

View Full Version : The Experience Hendrix Tour,tonight !!

Blaze
October 29th, 2010, 12:51 PM
A buddy of mine ,just called me, he s having a ticket for The Experience Hendrix Tour show in Quebec to night for me ,so tonight , it's Jimi s Night..:dance :dance

Should I bring my ears plug ??

http://www.experiencehendrixtour.com/

guitarhack
October 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
You might carry some just in case, but I'd go for the full aural onslaught. :rockya

poodlesrule
October 29th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I am taking notes... next week in Boston, with Sweetie (her idea!)
She may need 'em earplugs!

Funny how the tour lineup changes slightly depending of the venue.

poodlesrule
November 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
So, Blaze, where is that concert report..?

Blaze
November 2nd, 2010, 01:37 PM
So, Blaze, where is that concert report..?

That was obviously a cool concert but i must say that the soundman had the ''too much delay switch'' on all the time so the guitars all sounded kind of the same ..
I don t recall Hendrix playin with big too loud delays ,i m I right or wrong ?

Anyway Living Colors and Stevie Vai had some great moments but Kenny W.Sheppard has stolen the show with an intense and cool Hendrixesque delirium..Wow !!For me the closest to Hendrix and best guitar sound of the night..

Eric Johnson played like EJ ..

The rest of the show was so ,so but mostly find..

Yes , bring your earplugs..

poodlesrule
November 5th, 2010, 04:39 PM
thanks for the write up, Blaze.
The lineup for the Canadian leg (per website) showed the two guys from Los Lobos. Were they part of the show?

I keep trying to catch Los Lobos live, and there is always some sort of conflict, prior commitment, or other ditty. arrgh!

poodlesrule
November 8th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Kenny W.Sheppard has stolen the show with an intense and cool Hendrixesque delirium.
Eric Johnson played like EJ ..

The Boston show was a fun night.

Blaze comments are good. Not sure about the delay though, except maybe on one tune by S. Vai.
S. Vai did not impress me much. I did enjoy KWS (+ some members of his band, apparently?) and EJ, as I never paid much attention to them in the past.

It looks like there is a big commercial machine behind the show though -J.H.'s estate, perhaps?
The Fender name was very up front, and I am pretty sure I did not see any non-Fender guitars all night (by contract?)