PDA

View Full Version : Chat room

Tone2TheBone
December 1st, 2005, 03:03 PM
I think it would be great to have a little chat room of sorts for us gee-tar players. Especially when a few of us are online and logged in at the same time. What do you guys think?

SuperSwede
December 1st, 2005, 03:09 PM
It would be very nice!

Tim
December 1st, 2005, 04:09 PM
I never did it, but open to anything!

Nelskie
December 1st, 2005, 07:11 PM
A forum chat room would be very cool, indeed!

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Maybe Roberto can help....... bumping this back up.

Robert
December 5th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Chat? This whole board is one big chat room! I know, it's not realtime, but that has it own merits. I am pretty sure not everyone would be able to use realtime chats. I wouldn't, for one. If you want realtime chat, you can try Google Talk www.google.com/talk/

Tone2TheBone
December 5th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Come On!!!!!

:)

Ok ok. :p

Tim
December 5th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I am game for the Goggle chat room. But I would need help in learning how to use the system. What about the 2 little guys that spin around and have buddy lists (MSN)?

I heard about it but never tried it either. I understand you can pick up viruses and such from chat rooms. That’s what kept me away in the first place.

Tone2TheBone
December 6th, 2005, 09:18 AM
I can't access any irc or web chat programs due to our stupid filters at work. :)

I can however use "Hello" chat.

Tim
December 6th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I can't access any irc or web chat programs due to our stupid filters at work. :)

I can however use "Hello" chat.

Hmm,

I am restricted from chat rooms at work also. But they do have the MSN buddy system activated. I remember chatting with a guy about two years ago. He walked me through the set-up but I do not remember how I did it. One of my email addresses is located at Hotmail.com. That gave me free access.

What’s the "Hello" chat?

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Hello chat is a little program that works with a picture sharing software called Picasa. You download the free program and with it you can share photos with people online and it has a sort of java based chat dialog. I think. Anyway it works regardless of firewalls or filters. Its pretty cool.

www.hello.com

Tim
December 7th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Well I can't download programs to the work computer, but I will add it to the one at home.

Anybody else have any suggestions, beside adding chat to "THE FRET.NET" (hint-hint)?

Myles
December 8th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Moved Thread to Suggestions section to keep things all clean and tidy :)

As far as a chat room I have to agree with Robert that this whole forum is like a great big chatroom with the benefit of not requiring people to all be online at the same time to enjoy it.

We are very dedicated to this forum though and keep the suggestions coming (we read them all, and respond too!), but at this time we don't have the man power to create, maintain, and moderate a chatroom.

In the future, once we have thousands of users coming to this great site, anything is possible though :)