PDA

View Full Version : Myspace being revamped

Robert
November 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Have you heard? Myspace gets a facelift.

http://www.myspace.com/guide/newmyspace

So does this mean MySpace can raise itself from the Internet deadpool and be more than just a zombie stalking around the fringes of the social networking landscape?

The site will have an official introduction on Thursday, November 4 at 3 pm Pacific Time.

guitarhack
November 2nd, 2010, 09:04 AM
I deleted my account because it was too labor intensive and the pages loaded so slowly. I'm not going back.

Jx2
November 2nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
myspace still has a purpose in my opion for bands and musicians, but not for socializing. they dropped the ball on that one. i was reading on ulimate guitar about this, and they said as long as myspace remains on the first page of a google search it would continue to be usefull to those. I dont think it can recover fully into a top tier socializing network. however if they can get it load proper, faster and easier. myspace could become a fore front for discovering and keep up to date with your bands. and maybe thats the way it should try to grow now. completely scrap the socializing and use it as a music knowledge base.

I have a account there and only the bands i follow ever have a update when I do log in.

hubberjub
November 2nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Though I haven't used it in over a year, I do think Myspace is better for bands than Facebook.

omegadot
November 7th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Myspace was for much and I've used it successfully for that a lot, but not in the last 2 years or so. It's sorta like Geocities in that respect, it was call when new, but never grew up.

Commodore 64
November 8th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Though I haven't used it in over a year, I do think Myspace is better for bands than Facebook.

I was planning to post something akin to this. I missed out on the whole Myspace thing, but everyonce in a while a local band will have a my space page that I check out, and it seems to be much better than FB for band-type stuff.

Jimi75
November 8th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I have deleted my personal musical accounts. Myspace is pretty slow loading, they change things on a weekly basis and it gets more and more confusing in my eyes.
Myspace is definitely something for bands and musicians, I never understood why someone created a persona account like for example on face book. Generally I do not have any kind of account, not at Facebook or any other social networking page. I don't like making my self a glass person.

Brian Krashpad
November 8th, 2010, 08:58 AM
myspace still has a purpose in my opinion for bands and musicians, but not for socializing.

This. The music upload feature alone is worth occasional updates, etc. I use fb daily, but also myspace when I have a show coming up.