PDA

View Full Version : Election Day

piebaldpython
November 2nd, 2010, 08:19 AM
Yep.....today is Election Day for we Americans. And it's noteworthy for ONE thing...that after today, we won't have to listen/see all of those political ads with all of the mud-slinging. Living in Philly, in the SE corner of Penna....note only do we have to suffer the Philly and surrounding county poli-ads...we also get all the ads from Northern Delaware and Mid-Southern New Jersey.

The poli-ads are like POOP....they're everywhere you turn and they stink to high heavens.

Rant over!

Rockermann
November 2nd, 2010, 08:28 AM
Hope you'll do your duty and vote! I did first thing this morning. And I feel great. :)

Heywood Jablomie
November 2nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Politicians are a joke and so is voting. Wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

guitarhack
November 2nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Many people in the world don't get to vote, or the election is already decided for them (see Asia and Africa). We are fortunate. If more people took the time to really look at who their candidates are and learn about the issues, perhaps there wouldn't be so many who feel the process is laughable, sickening or any other epithet you wish.

Rockermann
November 2nd, 2010, 09:05 AM
Many people in the world don't get to vote, or the election is already decided for them (see Asia and Africa). We are fortunate. If more people took the time to really look at who their candidates are and learn about the issues, perhaps there wouldn't be so many who feel the process is laughable, sickening or any other epithet you wish.

Amen.

Tig
November 2nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Yep, we're up to our eyes in political ad's, mail, and robo-calls.

I'll vote as always. I started when I turned 18 (still in high school) and have only missed a few minor elections. I gave up on silly partisan politics years ago, and now attempt to see most things and candidates as either up or down versus left and right!

Spudman
November 2nd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Voted right away as soon as the polls opened.:dance

What really gets me is that the millions spent on just state wide races could take care of teachers salaries for years, or improve other things that politicians seem to have such a hard time finding money for once they get into office.

R_of_G
November 2nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
What really gets me is that the millions spent on just state wide races could take care of teachers salaries for years, or improve other things that politicians seem to have such a hard time finding money for once they get into office.

Couldn't agree more, and therein lies the biggest problem in our state of governance, money. Once the politicians get into office, their biggest concern is funding their next election. I am not sure what the solution is to the problem, but the current trend linking campaign donations to "free speech" is disingenuous at best.

Personally, I will vote today but only on ballot inititatives and ammednments to the state constitution. I do not vote for candidates of either major party and until they are not the only viable options for elected office, I will continue leaving that part of my ballot blank.

Spudman
November 2nd, 2010, 10:42 AM
I'd love to see campaign finance reform happen in a huge way.

What I would propose is a much lower limit on spending and contributions across the board. If everyone is equal in that then maybe the 'best man' might actually get elected. Instead it's usually about who can spend the most on their campaign - like they are buying their way into office.