PDA

View Full Version : $7 acoustic guitar stand special today

Spudman
November 2nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Musician's Friend deal today is a nice stand for your acoustic guitar for only $7 and free shipping. It shows up as full price at the link below but when you add it to your shopping cart it will change to $6.99

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/FretRest-by-Proline-A-Frame-Acoustic-Guitar-Stand?sku=580389&src=RSSXSTPD&ZYXSEM=0

Spudman
November 2nd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Apparently that was only good Nov 1. It still shows up on my system but not for the $6.99 good price. Sorry.

Spudman
November 2nd, 2010, 10:36 AM
Correction! I just called and they honored the price.

Duffy
November 2nd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the tip.

I just called and got two shipped for less than the cost of one at the normal price.

They honored the deal price without any problem.

Eric
November 2nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Cool. They didn't want to give me the deal, but I told them you got it and they eventually relented.

Spudman
November 2nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
The deal is still showing up on my RSS feed - that's what I told them.

Duffy
November 2nd, 2010, 12:00 PM
I told them I looked at it earlier this morning and it was on there and I thought it was for today, but just got around to calling. They backpedalled slightly but acquiesced without any prolonged delay.

Great bargain.

Tig
November 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Naturally, I'm reading this on the 4th!
:thwap

Duffy
November 4th, 2010, 07:33 AM
You could still try doing it, Tig.

You could say that you were required out of town and had every intention of calling in the order but forgot about it at the last minute. Any kind of backpedalling to try to cry the blues. Loyal customer, etc.

MF is very customer oriented. You could ask to talk to a manager or have the person discuss it with the manager.

Never hurts to try. They definitely like to keep their customers happy and those stands look like some nice items. I hope mine come today. I'm going to go check now.

I'll have an acoustic down here on standby at all times from now on.

poodlesrule
November 4th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Yeah... tell them you are a VP at Bain and Co, your wife WANTS one, and you not gonna take this crap from a phone rep.

Tig
November 4th, 2010, 07:58 AM
You could say that you were required out of town and had every intention of calling in the order but forgot about it at the last minute. Any kind of backpedalling to try to cry the blues. Loyal customer, etc.

That reminded me of the scene in The Blues Brothers when John Belushi is begging for his life, explaining why he no-showed his wedding...

"Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD."

http://www.music-graffiti.com/thumbnails/tn_BLUES_BROTHERS-Carrie_Fisher.jpg

Duffy
November 4th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Ok, ok. I looked stupid. LOL. I feel really foolish. Sorry guys.

Why not venture a chance.

You'd be surprised what MF will do to keep their customers happy.

Tig
November 4th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Why not venture a chance.
You'd be surprised what MF will do to keep their customers happy.

Aw, I wasn't thinking that at all. That was actually useful, so don't bash yourself... That's what wives are for! (If a man is alone in the forest, is he still wrong?)

I tend to see the humor in most things, and automatically reference those who have a better sense of humor than I.
JFvujknrBuE

poodlesrule
November 4th, 2010, 09:58 AM

Not at all.
You recommended a nice-guy approach, which has good chance of working.

Duffy
November 4th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Ha ha! Now there is a "Classic Vibe" for you!