PDA

View Full Version : Something happened to my hair :-)

Jimi75
November 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
All my life I had my hair long. Since this summer I was really "fat" up with it. Took me years after the shower, to comb etc...so I needed a radical break. I have decided to RENMAN my hair :dude

See for yourself...

Before:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2034/texel2010109.jpg

After:
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5862/taufe223.jpg

duhvoodooman
November 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Nah, that's a LOT more hair than Renman has these days! ;)

Looks fine to me, and a lot easier to take care of, for sure. Gives you more time to spank those planks! :rockya :thumbsup

Robert
November 2nd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Hey bro, now we're talkin! Although you still look like a hippie compared to me.... ;)

Eric
November 2nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Wow, totally different look. Looks good!

I hear you on the long showers. Mine isn't even very long at this point, but it's a big pain to shower compared to when I buzzed my hair.

sunvalleylaw
November 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Looks good! You can rock it either way.

Heywood Jablomie
November 2nd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Something happened to my hair, too - it disappeared. Maybe I'll find it someday.

The people sipped their wine
And what with God there, they asked him questions
Like: do you have to eat
Or get your hair cut in heaven?
And if your eye got poked out in this life
Would it be waiting up in heaven with your wife?

God Shuffled His Feet - Crash Test Dummies

Maybe my hair'll be waiting for me in heaven.

Perfect Stranger
November 2nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Yep...nature took care of mine for me....

Spudman
November 2nd, 2010, 05:04 PM
That's a pretty big change. It looks good.

Katastrophe
November 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Slick!

Easier to care for, and much cooler in warm weather... although I don't think that's an issue for Germany in November...:thwap

I'm a dork.

Jimi75
November 2nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks guys! I see most of you understand my move :-)

:happy

Spudman
November 2nd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys! I see most of you understand my move :-)

:happy
What? Now you get a whole new class of groupie or something?

piebaldpython
November 2nd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Nice change. I have my barber use the closest blade possible next to "cue ball". I just get out of the shower, shake my head like a dog and my head's pretty much dry. lol No muss, no fuss and not all of that sissyfyin' hair product stuff.

Jx2
November 2nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
Ive sported that look or less for years. Have to say it is about low maintance as it comes. I even had a gargoyle tat'd on the back on my head. I have to say though and maybe its a little mid life crisis ordeal or something but Im missing my long hair from my 20's alot lately. Even told the old lady if I get this job I got a lead on and they make me shave off my goat tee, then Im growing my locks back.

Ch0jin
November 3rd, 2010, 12:39 AM
Nice change. I have my barber use the closest blade possible next to "cue ball". I just get out of the shower, shake my head like a dog and my head's pretty much dry. lol No muss, no fuss and not all of that sissyfyin' hair product stuff.

+1 here. I used to have very long hair, but now it's buzzed I found so many things more enjoyable.

I learnt to scuba dive with long hair, man what a monumental PITA that is. If you've ever tried to do the mask recovery skill with hair halfway down your back you'll understand. Now it's so easy and no annoying hair caught in the mask.

Also better with short hair activities include..
Motor and push bike riding (no "helmet hair")
Swimming
Bathing
Travelling
Hat wearing

and more!!!

Tig
November 3rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Wow, that must have been strange to get used to at first! It works well for you, so you did good.

Simple, shorter hair is one of those wisdom moves. As we (hopefully) get wiser with age, we tend to seek simplicity over complexity, and quiet over drama.

Eric
November 3rd, 2010, 09:43 AM
Hmmm...all of these comments are making me reassess my hair situation and leave me wondering if I should ditch my hair and go back to buzzed...

marnold
November 3rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
Heh you went from Kirk Hammett
http://www.officialmetallica.com/Images/Kirk-Hammett.jpg

to Henry Rollins!
http://www.michaelchildersphotography.com/catalog/images/Henry-Rollins.jpg

Jimi75
November 4th, 2010, 08:09 AM
It's day 4 after I have buzzed my hair and I must say I am loving the new haircut already a lot. It feels so darn good. Especially while doing sports I had to correct my ponytail all 30 seconds, when hair came out. This morning I was washing my "leftover hair" and it took me 1 minute. It's the best thing I could do plus I like the new look pretty much!

Tone2TheBone
November 6th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I laughed at Marnold's comment cause you always reminded of me Kirk. I think a cool Goatee to go with the new 'do' would go well with the ladies dude.

deeaa
November 8th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Well I did a similar thing just last night:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/images/Image60.jpg

Much easier now. Just take a 3mm cutter head and scrape away now and then!

Jimi75
November 8th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Well I did a similar thing just last night:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/images/Image60.jpg

Much easier now. Just take a 3mm cutter head and scrape away now and then!

Welcome to the club d :)

Looks pretty cool!

deeaa
November 9th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Actually just now I decided to take it one step further while at it. Stalag 5...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1133.snc4/149559_457212939748_552214748_5261545_1938876_n.jp g

Rockermann
November 9th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Man, Dee... That's a different look for sure. :)

I've often pondered doing the same thing. I've just never had the guts to go through with it. I might as well, mother nature is taking me there against my will anyway.

deeaa
November 9th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, it's getting so annoying that it takes like 2 years to grow a proper hair and even then it's pretty thin and limp...and you need to have it shaped and cut every other month the minimum...I think I'll try to keep it totally bald for a li'l while...but it's surprisingly hard to really scrape it all off too...much easier to just use a 1-3 mm machine cutter...so maybe I'll go with that anyway. Only shave it all off for special occasions :-)

Rockermann
November 9th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I liked the little bit of stubble look better than completely slick. That would give you few days between having to use the clippers also. A little less maintenance.

oldguy
November 9th, 2010, 06:43 PM
If you've never shaved your head like you shave your face, take it easy when you shower.......it may be tender. Like if you throw hot water and soap on it.

marnold
November 9th, 2010, 06:43 PM
That haircut is going to get pretty cold in Finland pretty soon, methinks. I'm glad I haven't lost any hair. As big as my melon is I'd probably freeze to death without it.

player
November 9th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Hey bro, now we're talkin! Although you still look like a hippie compared to me.... ;)The One thing besides love of guitar Robert and I share is our hair or lack thereof.I am just a step away from the cue ball look but love it.virtually No maintenance.on the flipside I too had long hair back in the day.