PDA

View Full Version : Some day I'll think this is funny

Brian Krashpad
November 3rd, 2010, 07:12 AM
Today is not that day.

So we've been having trouble with the pocket door to the master bath at Casa Krashpad. It kept getting hung up on the runner guides and not opening. So I'd taken to leaving it just an inch open or so, rather than closing it all the way, because it only hung up if closed all the way.

Apparently my daughter didn't know that.

So last night, while I'm at a side band practice at church, she goes in there, closes the door, and can't get out. So instead of her brother calling my cell and asking me to come home and see if I can help, my kids call their mom, who is at work teaching, who they KNOW can't come home until several hours later.

I was a mere 20 minutes away. So, does Mrs. Krashpad say "Call your dad and have him come home?"

Nope. That'd make waaaaaay too much sense. Instead she tells them to do whatever they have to do to get my daughter out.

So, I come home, and they have taken a MOTHERF*CKING HAMMER to the door. Absolutely destroyed it. It was still hanging by the rails, but in pieces.

I managed to get most of what was still hanging there, and all the bits and pieces on the floor, cleaned up before Mrs. K got home. But I'm not happy about this. Not one f*cking bit.

sumitomo
November 3rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Man that is just how some things go,you know What were you thinking?Sorry but LOL!!!! Sumi:D

Eric
November 3rd, 2010, 07:25 AM
Wow, that sucks. Good luck with fixing it.

I will say, however, that "some day" for me is...today.:notme

Retro Hound
November 3rd, 2010, 07:40 AM
Funny isn't it, sorry, I mean, Odd isn't it, that no one thinks Dad can fix it, it's better to just destroy it than ask him.

Spudman
November 3rd, 2010, 07:47 AM
:worthless

Unbelievable. I would probably throw the whole gang out on the street if they did something like that here...

...but it is kind of funny.:D Maybe it's the way you tell it?

Brian Krashpad
November 3rd, 2010, 07:56 AM
:worthless

Unbelievable. I would probably throw the whole gang out on the street if they did something like that here...

Jack did take a pic, I can't remember if it was of the door still hanging in pieces, or of the big pieces sitting out in the garage, where I moved them. It's at home somewhere, wherever it is. Might be able to share this evening.

R_of_G
November 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Brian, at least your trying to handle it with humor.

We gave my dad plenty of that kind of story when we were kids. Now that I'm a parent, I'm sure it's just a matter of time until what went around comes around.

Heywood Jablomie
November 3rd, 2010, 08:47 AM
Did you hear about the moron who locked his keys in the car? Took him two days to get his family out.

Tig
November 3rd, 2010, 09:13 AM

I did get a chuckle from this part:
"So, I come home, and they have taken a MOTHERF*CKING HAMMER to the door."

Then I starting thinking how I'd handle it. :mad :mybad

Heywood Jablomie
November 3rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
I did get a chuckle from this part:
"So, I come home, and they have taken a MOTHERF*CKING HAMMER to the door."

Then I starting thinking how I'd handle it. :mad :mybad
Types of hammers:

Claw
Ball pein
Tack
Club
Sledge
Motherf*cking

Jx2
November 3rd, 2010, 09:21 AM
With the battles my little sister and I had when I was younger. Id just left her butt in there and let someone else deal with it. There is no WAY Id of taken a hammer to the thing. I already had to pay for a phone she broke and several glass items including windows and screen doors. Because while she broke them I "provoked" her. For the record her little girl is just like her, and Ive already had talks with my 7 year old nephew about "provoking" his little sister. Basically told him if you fight with her do it outside and away from breakable objects you dont want to have to replace.

Jx2
November 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Types of hammers:

Claw
Ball pein
Tack
Club
Sledge
Motherf*cking

You forgot the infamous.....BFH....:thumbsup

Brian Krashpad
November 3rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
Did you hear about the moron who locked his keys in the car? Took him two days to get his family out.

I thought that was a drummer and his girlfriend.

Speaking of drummers, and girlfriends, what do you call a drummer who's broken up with his girlfriend?

Homeless.

Robert
November 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Sorry about the door, but it sure makes for a good story! :)

piebaldpython
November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 PM
I did get a laugh out of your story. But I'm thinking.....hmmmmmmm...how old are your kids? No common sense????? Or...is that the progeny of a lawyer lack the CS to pick up the phone and call DAD??? Or...is that your kids realize/think that Dad is mechanically helpless, and so that calling you would be a useless waste of time??

OK.....I'm just joshing about the above stuff. I just can't believe that they took an f****g hammer to the F****G door and beat it to smithereens!! As in, what the H-E-double hockey sticks possessed them to do that???

As a Dad, I'd have been incredulous/speechless....I hope...because if I wasn't, my language might not have been the King's English.

Keep us posted dude.

Heywood Jablomie
November 3rd, 2010, 12:14 PM
One thing for certain now - the door will finally get fixed properly.

MAXIFUNK
November 3rd, 2010, 12:58 PM
KIDS My siblings and I broke so much stuff as kids I better not commit.
People in glass houses should not throw stones sorry man.

FrankenFretter
November 3rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
First and foremost, I am saddened to hear about the loss of your door, Brian

That said, it was a good story, and I did laugh. More than once.

Btw, is that MOTHERF*CKING HAMMER bigger than a framing hammer? I'll have to look for one next time I'm at Lowe's. There's some things that just need a MOTHERF*CKING HAMMER to do the job right.

Kazz
November 3rd, 2010, 04:39 PM
I can't believe that a church going, well respected lawyer said MotherF*cking on a message board LMAO.

sunvalleylaw
November 3rd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hmm, hammer huh? I guess I was thinking with a punk rocker's kids, they'd just put a shoulder to it. :-) "Modern Family" had a storyline where the Mom got locked in the bathroom. Seemed to set off immediate panic and lack of clear thought. I guess humans don't liked being cooped up. The dad used the time to try to clean up a mess of his own rather than help to immediately release his wife.

I have a funny story about destroying the garage doors when I was a kid, . . .

Eric
November 3rd, 2010, 05:41 PM
I can't believe that a church going, well respected lawyer said MotherF*cking on a message board LMAO.
Hey! Who ever said BK was well-respected?!? :poke

Ch0jin
November 3rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
Types of hammers:

Claw
Ball pein
Tack
Club
Sledge
Motherf*cking

Call of the DAY! That made me laugh so hard.

Katastrophe
November 3rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Wow, Brian! I don't know how I'd react to a similar situation.

The important thing is: your daughter got out. I'll bet she was a little scared, stuck behind a door and unable to get out.

I'll go ahead and say it: At least the door will get fixed, now! Family and kids have a way of accelerating timetables for home repair...:thwap

You will absolutely laugh about this later... It's also a good opportunity for the kids to help with the repair.

@Heywood... Ehl. Oh. Ehl!

otaypanky
November 3rd, 2010, 11:26 PM
There's nothing funny about any of this! Trees died in order to make that door!

But I would suggest you require your kids to view 2 episodes of McGiver reruns every week ~

Kazz
November 4th, 2010, 05:42 AM
There's nothing funny about any of this! Trees died in order to make that door!

This coming from the guy who makes leather guitar straps.....is hilarious.

Tig
November 4th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Call of the DAY! That made me laugh so hard.

+11'ty!
I read that to Mrs. Tig and she was rolling!

FrankenFretter
November 4th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Hey, Brian hasn't replied in a while...hope he's not locked in the bathroom. :poke

oldguy
November 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Too funny.....

Remember when they made real, but miniature, tool kits for kids.........and then quit because kids used them......but in the wrong way?
Like at suppertime the table fell sideways 'cause a couple of the legs had been sawn off? You don't?

I do........:pancake

Heywood Jablomie
November 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I like Burger King.....

deeaa
November 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM
I don't know what a pocket door is in the first place, but this reminds me of myself as kid once...

I walked to school (I was like nine years old) and realized I had not taken my backpack with me. The teacher said I would have to go and get it. I said my parent's weren't home and I didn't have a key with me either, so no can do.

He got quite mad and told me to go get the damned backpack and my books or nothing good would come out of it...so I went home, pondered about it for a while and then took a brick and broke all the three window layers on one porch window, climbed in and retrieved the backpack.

In the end, the teacher paid for the broken glass after my dad had a little talk with him...

deeaa
November 5th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Oh I just googled pocket door, now it makes more sense :-)

Eric
November 5th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I don't know what a pocket door is in the first place, but this reminds me of myself as kid once...

I walked to school (I was like nine years old) and realized I had not taken my backpack with me. The teacher said I would have to go and get it. I said my parent's weren't home and I didn't have a key with me either, so no can do.

He got quite mad and told me to go get the damned backpack and my books or nothing good would come out of it...so I went home, pondered about it for a while and then took a brick and broke all the three window layers on one porch window, climbed in and retrieved the backpack.

In the end, the teacher paid for the broken glass after my dad had a little talk with him...
Ha. I remember one time in my teen years, I had forgotten my keys on what had become a pretty bad day for me. Irritated and impatient when I got home, I knocked really hard on the door to get someone to let me in. Unfortunately, I knocked on the glass part of the door, which had a lattice like this:

http://www.glassbyknight.com/customgallery/albums/userpics/normal_Lattice%20Window%201.jpg

And my hand went right through. I felt pretty stupid. Luckily I escaped without injury.

Brian Krashpad
November 5th, 2010, 10:08 AM

You beat me to it.

Brian Krashpad
November 5th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I did get a laugh out of your story. But I'm thinking.....hmmmmmmm...how old are your kids? No common sense????? Or...is that the progeny of a lawyer lack the CS to pick up the phone and call DAD???

Daughter is 17 and a National Merit Scholar, son is 13 and an honors student. They won't admit it but they probably called Mom because they knew she was stuck at work and wouldn't be able to get mad at them in person.

Which of course I did anyhow.

Or...is that your kids realize/think that Dad is mechanically helpless, and so that calling you would be a useless waste of time??

I think this was the subconscious reason Mrs. K didn't stop to think of having them call me.

And it may have been a useless waste of time anyhow. The part of the tracking that hung up was on the inside of the door, and there are no windows to that bathroom to get tools in, so unless I could've removed the entire bottom tracking guide from the outside, it would have had to been "fixed" without tools from the inside, by my daughter. However, I might have been able to talk her through the best way to try it.

Heywood Jablomie
November 5th, 2010, 10:36 AM
"Which of course I did anyhow"

Perhaps that's worth looking into........

piebaldpython
November 5th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Daughter is 17 and a National Merit Scholar, son is 13 and an honors student. They won't admit it but they probably called Mom because they knew she was stuck at work and wouldn't be able to get mad at them in person.

Yeah, I thought your kids were pretty smart. Unfortunately, book-smarts doesn't necessarily translate into mechanical smarts. lol

My daughter is smart-as-a-whip too......which as she has pointed out numerous times.....doesn't translate to GIFTED or even COORDINATED in an athletic sense. lol We laugh a lot about her lack of SPORTS prowess.

otaypanky
November 6th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Too funny.....

Remember when they made real, but miniature, tool kits for kids.........and then quit because kids used them......but in the wrong way?
Like at suppertime the table fell sideways 'cause a couple of the legs had been sawn off? You don't?

I do........:pancake

You ain't the only Old Guy Fretter ;)

LOVE'D my Handy Andy tool set :thumbsup

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/otaypanky/images-2.jpg

NWBasser
November 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM

Hey Otay, did those kits come with a Modder Forking Hammer?

Katastrophe
November 6th, 2010, 02:54 PM

Nice!

My Grandmother had an old chemistry set from the 60s hanging around when I was a kid. Unopened box and everything... I got into it, and followed the directions for making my own, real live, fingerprint ink. It worked beautifully. The stain it left on my Grandmother's countertop wasn't beautiful at all. Durn kit had some fairly bad chemicals that could make some small scale, yet "interesting" reactions.

It took her months to laugh at that one.

Tig
November 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM

I remember a similar tool kid made in the 60's. There was a distinct blue paint they used on the handles, but I forgot who made it.

When we moved, we had a pool at the new house, and I remember adding powdered chlorine to various chemicals in my chemistry set... How I didn't blow myself up or die from toxic fumes is beyond me now!
Maybe that's where my dain bramage comes from? :messedup:

omegadot
November 7th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I had a manual drill with a hand crank. A friend of mine took it and decided my parents' hard wood floors needed some holes. I don't think they could laugh at that even yet and it happened over 10 years ago.