PDA

View Full Version : Showing off - Swart ST-6v6se

bigG
November 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I'm putting this in the AMP thread 'cause it comes from Swart Amps site.

Blues artist Peter Parcek has three vids on this page, all played thru that little Swart Space Tone 6V6se (that I have the priviledge of living with every day).

This cat really shows what this little amp can do, in spades!

The first clip he's playing a Reverend double HB, the second a Strat and the third a Tele.

Look real close as every once in a while, tucked over in the left-hand corner is this amazingly small Swart amp, mic'd w a spit filter on a boom stand - the mic is almost as big as the amp!

Here's the link - some AWESOME sounds and playing here:

http://swartamps.com/peter_parcek_swart.htm

I hope you enjoy it!

G

oldguy
November 6th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Those little amphs sound killer.
I wonder what pedals he's using?

bigG
November 6th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks, guys. Not an inexpensive amp, but worth every penny! Oh, the TONE, the TONE! One volume pot, one tone pot and 5 watts of pure, all-tube delicious!

oldguy: Yeah, lots of pedals on his board. Who knows how many are in play, although we do see him kick one in and out a couple of times, and there's no verb in the amp, so he's using a verb pedal at times...Hard to say how "pure" the Swart tone is in the vids, although mine can sound exactly like his w NO pedals, just sweet cleans and pure tube break-up as you jazz the volume on amp or guitar. (I wondered abt the pedalboard when I saw it, too.)

oldguy
November 6th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I've heard enough clips of Swarts w/o any effects.............I know they sound killer.
I just wondered what pedals he was using............other than the 'verb (which really sounded quite good), I thought it might be a clean boost...........the basic Spacetone sound didn't seem to change when he kicked in the pedal, it just got boosted, at least that's what I heard.