PDA

View Full Version : Epi on sale at MF...

Katastrophe
November 6th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Epi 1956 Les Paul w/ P90s on sale at MF, in ebony.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-1956-Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar?sku=518320

$399 is a good price, methinks.

Spudman
November 6th, 2010, 10:37 PM
No doubt a good deal. Those are spankin' good.

player
November 7th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Oh No Mr. Bill I feel GAS pangs coming on :help

Duffy
November 8th, 2010, 08:25 PM
That's a nice guitar.

Too bad the deal doesn't include the Gold Top version.

I might consider it but I really like the Agile AL 3000 or 3100 gold tops with full sized covered alnico 5 humbuckers. Nothing against P90's, I have a couple guitars with them and like them a lot.

I recently got an Agile AL 3100 double bound flammed cherry sunburst LP guitar and think it is a superior guitar stock, in terms of feel (has a big deep neck), look, and quality, plus the sound is really great stock and I see no need to change pickups.

If I was getting a P90 LP type guitar I would look at this Epi and then consider the Agile version, if available.

I also like to have one of the P90's RWRP in order that the middle combined pickup switch position is hum cancelling. I like this quiet option. One of my P90 guitars has the noise cancelling in the middle position and I find it very worth while to have that quiet option available when I want a quiet sound. Plus the P90s on both guitars can chime sweetly or roar like a fired up Lion.

I like to see deals like these offered and made known to us. I could easily live with the black version of this guitar if I wanted a guitar of this type and this is definitely a great price at 100 US off.