PDA

View Full Version : Zombie lovers ?

Geraint Jones
November 7th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Or should I say lovers of the genre , the other would be more than a bit weird. Did anyone see The Walking Dead this week .Pretty good first episode , strange seeing Egg from This Life as an American cop .

.R1v0uFms68U

Jx2
November 7th, 2010, 04:47 PM
It caught my attention I also liked the 1st show alot. Im curious how the father and son duo will work back into play. I wont be surpised to see that end with the son pulling the trigger on momma.

I wanted to see it since the first time I saw the commerical. I enjoyed the father I previous mentioned in Jericho before it was cancelled a few years back.

FrankenFretter
November 7th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Sadly, I do not have access to television. Or maybe not so sadly. Either way, I do love zombie movies, and I wish I could be watching this new promising show. Once it comes out on DVD, I'll check it out!

Jx2
November 7th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Try this link I beleive it will let you watch the 1st epipsode.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

Tone2TheBone
November 7th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I heard about this and I wish I had cable tv. I am a true zombie hater (not lover). Ask Algonquin. :)

Algonquin
November 7th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I heard about this and I wish I had cable tv. I am a true zombie hater (not lover). Ask Algonquin. :)
Trust me, if a Zombie outbreak happens... you want Tone2TheBone (Tallahassie) on your side :saw:

Jx2
November 7th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Let me ask this. "IF" a Zombie outbreak did occur, have we seen enough zombie movies that most of use at least think we could come up with some form of survial plan? Main reason I ask, when I was watching last week, my g/f asked that infamouse wwyd question. I told her Id grab my 16ga shotgun, run over to my parents for more ammunition and firearms. Which got her to ask what if they was a zombie, which Id replied Id shoot em in the f'n head. Then if my son is at his mom's Im tracking him down and praying I wont have to shoot him to. Tryin to keep a realistic wwyd way out there theory. Then Id attempt to contact a few buddys via cell phone only and hope I can get a posse together asap. And find somewhere to take a stand.

Also how come animals never get infected? I think the closest thing to a zombie dog I can recall would be something like Cujo.

deeaa
November 8th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Sadly, if an outbreak of 'classic' Zombies would occur, them poor Zombies would be outnumbered quite heavily I'm afraid. Someone should probably stand up to them actually so as to not let them be wiped out instantly. Plus everyone would know what to do and just knock them out quite readily.

When you consider half the bodies are cremated here and none embalmed, the only zombies still having enough tendons left to move at all would be those buried under a year ago. Which would mean just a handful of candidates for Zombiehood.

However, I do love a good Zombie flick. 28 days /28 weeks later and the TV series Dead Set are my all-time favorites I guess, along with the very original Night of the living Dead.

Jimi75
November 8th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I've heard about the show on the radio. It is supposed to be broadcasted soon here in Germany. Honestly, the plot doesn't sound too creative ;-)

I am a huge fan of all kind of Zombie movies. I also like the newer Zombie parodies :-)

Tig
November 8th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Try this link I beleive it will let you watch the 1st epipsode.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

:messedup:
Yes, the link works. That a was fairly good show. A little slow at times, but they had to build the plot.
Unfortunately I'm at work when it airs Sunday nights, but I'm sure they will show it during different times, or there will be the usual bit torrents on scenetime.com or thepiratebay.

Ch0jin
November 9th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Let me ask this. "IF" a Zombie outbreak did occur, have we seen enough zombie movies that most of use at least think we could come up with some form of survial plan?

I love that question! It reminds me of the line in "From Dusk Till Dawn". "Has anyone read a REAL book about vampires?"

It's a question that was successfully answered in "Night of the Living Dead". Sure the Zombies nailed a few, but it was nothing a few farmers with guns couldn't sort out in the end.

However, after that film, the survival plan, and it's subsequent failure are the core plot of most zombie films I've seen. Everything from taking over a shopping mall (Dawn of the Dead) to walling off a city (Land of the Dead and 28 Weeks Later) to fortifying a house and trying to breed a new society (28 Days Later) and even occupying an underground missile silo (Day of the Dead).

I'd be pretty much screwed as over here, most people are not allowed to own firearms so it'd be me and my samurai sword until I could find some dead cops or soldiers or something to loot weapons.

The other thing to consider is, are we talking old school ambling zombies, which would imo, be super easy to deal with, or new school sprinting zombies (ala Dawn of the Dead remake, Zombieland etc) which are much more dangerous.

Also how come animals never get infected? I think the closest thing to a zombie dog I can recall would be something like Cujo.

What about Resident Evil? Those infected dogs are super scary, all skinless and gooey and all. There are infected crows in RE:Extinction and 28 Days Later too.

Also, the new expansion pack for the game Red Dead Redemption (The Zombie Pack) has zombie animals.

Ch0jin
November 9th, 2010, 06:24 PM
...... the only zombies still having enough tendons left to move at all would be those buried under a year ago. Which would mean just a handful of candidates for Zombiehood......

The problem with that theory is that you are using facts. They have no place in a Zombie film :)

However, I do love a good Zombie flick. 28 days /28 weeks later and the TV series Dead Set are my all-time favorites I guess, along with the very original Night of the living Dead.

Good call on 'Dead Set' I really enjoyed that series and it was missed by so many fans of the genre over here as it wasn't really promoted.

What about Zombieland though? it's a bit of a satire I guess, but it's in my top ten for sure.

syo
November 10th, 2010, 05:23 AM
The other thing to consider is, are we talking old school ambling zombies, which would imo, be super easy to deal with
Unless you're a young blond in high heels of course.

Tig
November 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Episode 2 was good!

dQvmqzPpU_I

deeaa
November 13th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I did like Zombieland - especially in the beginning it seemed like a superb flick..but the later half and the ending weren't very good, somehow it just fell flat after a good start, too much dialog and the very end was too heavy on camp humor and human relations stuff. Had the main character just let the others die in the end or something like that instead of a tired rescue operation&all OK in the end, that could have saved the flick. But, yeah, it was quite Ok. I dunno, combining humor etc. with horror is difficult. Braindead and Bad Taste worked real well but I never dd get into stuff like Evil Dead and Hellraiser series etc...never really knew in what places you're supposed to laugh and when not.

I suppose genre-movies are much like music in that people have very varied likes and dislikes. Very often when someone recommends me a movie I'm disappointed, and vice versa I'm sure. But Dead Set sure was rockin'!

I'm the only one in our family who watches any horror anyway, so traditionally when I have a night alone at home I spend it with - music of course - but at night also watch at least one horror movie. And properly in the total darkness etc. too to get the maximum out of it. The last I watched was 'Paranormal Activity' which was new to me, and it was very good in that it did manage to give me proper chills!