PDA

View Full Version : SRV - Texas Flood Live at El Mocambo

Tinky-Winky
October 22nd, 2006, 09:13 AM
I was watching some SRV videos when this one caught my attention. Well, in my opinion, this is the best SRV performance I have seen. The skill with which he plays with and the soul he puts in make this my definitive texas flood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G3DF_WubG0&NR

warren0728
October 22nd, 2006, 10:07 AM
that is a great dvd...if you don't have it....go get it!!

It will wear you out just watching it!!

ww

marnold
October 22nd, 2006, 11:24 AM
I'm going to have to get that one. Along with the Montreaux one.

warren0728
October 22nd, 2006, 11:36 AM
the montreaux dvd is good....interesting that he was practically booed off of the stage at his first montreaux show and was loved the second time...but i like the el macambo dvd better....he was definately cooking at the el macambo!!

ww

Tone2TheBone
October 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM
I just happened to play Texas Flood from the El Mocambo jam today when I went to the gas station to buy some ice and beer and gas. I downloaded some software that allows me to extract music files from DVDs and put them in my iPod and the Live at the El Mocambo gets played allll the time. Stevie was hot on that night, I love the energy he put into his playing you can just feel it. Texas Flood btw is my all time favorite Stevie Ray Vaughan song.

duhvoodooman
October 23rd, 2006, 04:45 AM
A great performance, no doubt, showing a legend just as he was breaking out. The Montreux shows are great,too. But my favorite video performance by SRV remains the ACL appearance in '89. Here, you get a mature and confident (and straight!) Stevie at the height of his powers. The playing is not quite so flashy (no behind the back stuff), but the emotion is still there and there's a subtlety and intimacy in the playing that you don't get in the earlier stuff. There's a stand-alone DVD with part of the show, plus a bonus DVD in the SRV & Double Trouble box set with five more tunes from that same show. A favorite moment--during Little Sister, he breaks a string, switches guitars, and never misses a beat.

warren0728
October 23rd, 2006, 04:53 AM
yep...the 89 Austin City Limits show was great. Riviera Paradise (which he dedicated to "all those out there who are suffering") was amazing and showed the range of talent he really had!

It's a shame that after he finally got his sh*t togeher, got straight and was producing some of his best work ever...he gets taken out in a freak helicopter accident after what many people say was his best show ever :(

ww