PDA

View Full Version : Another NGD

progrmr
November 8th, 2010, 08:09 PM
After watching youtube videos all day and reading these forums I stopped by the local sam ash to check out the Squier CV 60's Strat...I was not disappointed and had to buy that baby.

Unbelievable quality for $349. Better than the MIM's I played. Great neck, nice tone, controls and finish is very solid. A great deal and frankly you have to have a strat in in the stable right?? :)

http://www.daverancour.com/cv60strat/strat1.jpg

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Nice! I really like those 60's strats.

Spudman
November 8th, 2010, 09:55 PM
That's wonderful. Now go back and try the 50s Strat. Make sure you've got more money in your account.:agree

Congrats anyway. They really are a great bargain of a guitar...and don't forget about the Deluxe Squire. Sorry.:D

FrankenFretter
November 8th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Nice. I tried one of those out a couple years ago, and also a MIM Strat. The CV was a better player.

progrmr
November 9th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I need to stay away from the guitar store for awhile and work on actually playing! I did not play the 50's strat last night as I was certain I wanted the 60's. It just clicked with me as soon as I picked it up.

I've got to get a better amp next. Early December after I pay the CC bill from last night lol!

Tig
November 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Happy New Guitar Day!
Very nice. You did good!

A Strat in every household
:thumbsup

Jimi75
November 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Very nice burst on this one. Congrats, you pick a beauty :thumbsup

ZMAN
November 9th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Saw one in a guitar store on a Managers close out. $275 and I passed. I already have the 50s and the Tele Custom. I was tempted though.

Katastrophe
November 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
A great deal and frankly you have to have a strat in in the stable right?? :)

ABSOLUTELY! That's a tasty lookin' Strat ya got there, progrmr!

MAXIFUNK
November 9th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Congrats I want a CV 50's Strat but thats not going to happen anytime soon.

Duffy
November 9th, 2010, 08:23 PM
So you have to be thinking about an amp.

If you are just going to be playing at home, the Egnater Tweaker fifteen tube watt head is really nice. You can mate that to any speaker, even the one in your Line 6, until you can get a better speaker cabinet or an old burned out amp that you can hook up to the speakers in and make a cabinet out of an out of commission amp, two twelve or a good one twelve.

The Tweaker offers a range of sounds capable of making the most of your guitars, both humbucking and single coils. Put a reverb pedal in front of it and it will produce a range of tones that is astounding - all analog, full tube sounds. Everything from clean to overdriven Marshall tone. Same price range area as your CV Sixties.

I like that Sixties by the way. At this moment, aside from my forum surfing, I am playing my CV Fifties that looks the same except for the maple board on mine. Antique sunburst type body finish. I'm playing it thru the clean channel of my Limited Edition Hot Rod Deluxe with a RV-7 reverb pedal between the guitar and amp.

This CV Fifties is an amazing guitar with one of the most beautiful necks on it of any of my guitars. The grain pattern shows a quarter sawn neck and lots of beautiful straight grain patterns with that beautiful blockiness of the grain when looked at closely. I look at the grain patterns on the necks of all guitars that I buy, unless they are painted; and I look for what I see as a nice straight grain with the blockiness in the striations and the quarter sawn look. This look is much more common on more expensive guitars. My G and L Legacy ASAT Classic has this type of neck pattern.

They had one of those Sixties just like yours for sale brand new for 298 by me not too long ago but it sold fast. It was indeed beautiful and sounded great too. They have a CV Fifties tele there now but it is not discounted. The neck on it is a work of art.

hubberjub
November 10th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Great looking guitar. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Brian Krashpad
November 11th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Nom.

Congrats!

progrmr
November 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Man, I just put a set of Ernie Ball Slinky 10's on this guitar and it totally sings now. I've seen strings improve tone before, but this difference is very noticeable.

I thought Fender strings came on these? If they do i don't like them
:)

oldguy
November 12th, 2010, 05:32 AM
That's a good looking Strat you got there, progrmr!
( I have a bookcase like that too. I think the shelf's more curved on mine, though.):D

K31Scout
November 21st, 2010, 06:27 PM
I almost bought a CV 60's but went with a new Deluxe instead. These Squiers are nicer than the MIM strats I saw and handled at Marshall's in Traverse City MI. Your's is especially nice!