PDA

View Full Version : New Pedal Day - Bone Bender

Robert
November 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM
This one - a Bone Bender (http://www.bajatechcustom.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=64). Haven't tried it yet - more info to come! :rockya

The Bone Bender gets the early Tone Bender tones of yesteryear but with modern conveniences. Some of these include using a technique to stabilize the transistors from temperature changes that commonly plague stock/clone germanium Fuzz pedals. This technique does not compromise your tone whatsoever and only keeps its tone going during gigs that would leave common germanium fuzzes dead. What's even cooler is there's no need for a trimpot or external 'bias' pot to constantly adjust due to temperature changes. We consider the Bone Bender to be the best made two transistor bender on the market bar none.

With the new KILL control you can bend the Bone Bender to give a gain boost, twist it to get mosquito like splat of the early fuzzes, everything in between. And of course the original unadulterated stock Bone Bender tone. Lots of tones to be had with the new Bone Bender.

http://www.bajatechcustom.com/catalog/images/BonBender3Knobweb.gif

Robert
November 9th, 2010, 10:13 PM
So I tried it tonight with my Marshall JVM. It is a Tone Bender clone, sort of. I have never used a Tone Bender, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

This is a fun pedal. It gets you into Beatles' Revolution style fuzz, but that kill switch is clever. It makes the pedal almost into an octave fuzz, but not with an octave added - just that stuttering, zipping sound. The Fuzz Factory is great for that too.

I tried with a clean amp tone and a distorted amp tone. Sounds way better with a distorted amp. Really cool fuzzy tone. Can be a bit bright but it's fun to mix with other pedals. It uses Germanium transistors, and you never know what's gonna happen when you add another gain pedal before, or after this one.

Demo will come, but for now, I can say I am impressed and curious. I'm not sure how to use this pedal best, but I am sure I will find some fun ways to add it to my sound palette.

Spudman
November 9th, 2010, 10:31 PM
You need some more pedals for sure. ;)

Doesn't that company make another pedal you have?

Robert
November 9th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Yes, I also have a Das Fuzz, a Germanium Fuzz. Cool beans dude.

Neal
November 10th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Gasman.:spank I aint doing it:thwap