PDA

View Full Version : Lonely is the Night

stingx
November 10th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Still rockin' my JV Strat and Classic 30!

Here's my cover of Squier's Lonely is the Night. Used the aforementioned gear with a backing sans guitar and captured everything to my iPhone. Produced the output in Cyberlink PowerDirector 8.

I've always loved this tune. Hope ya like it.

xmpCc1hvxm4

Spudman
November 10th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Sounds good. That phone does a great job of capturing cleanly. So is guitarmix where everyone went from Guitar Blast?

MAXIFUNK
November 11th, 2010, 12:35 AM
damn good job I always liked this song.

stingx
November 11th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Thanks, guys.

So is guitarmix where everyone went from Guitar Blast?

What's up Spudman?! I'm not sure where everyone went after Eric closed shop. Everyone just spread out over different places. I started posting here again about a week ago after viewing one of Robert's videos on YouTube (Hagstrom playing through Marshall Class 5) and being inspired to buy some new equipment and have since gotten back into playing and recording. Damn that dude! He really knows how to make you reach deep and spend!

Robert
November 11th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Good job, stingx! I like that.

Did you get a Marshall Class 5 then as a result?

stingx
November 11th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Good job, stingx! I like that.

Did you get a Marshall Class 5 then as a result?

Thanks, Robert. I am deciding between three amps at the moment - the Class 5, the Blackstar HT5 and the Blackstar Studio 20. It's down to these. Tough call as they are all good.

Jimi75
November 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Sounds pretty cool! Thumbs up! :thumbsup

sunvalleylaw
November 11th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Nice to see you again Pete! Always did like your sounds from that JV into C-30 rig. I was just thinking of old Billy last night, and that I wanted to learn the "Everybody Wants You" lick.

That new iPhone does a good job too. I hope to upgrade my old 3G to one sometime in the next year.

Glad to have you back and posting again!

stingx
November 11th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks SVL! Hope all is well with you. Have you bought any new toys lately?

sunvalleylaw
November 11th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Hmm, since you were last around, added my Fender Concert, and a ZYS. I think I had the Hagstrom already when you were last here. Oh, and a new acoustic too. I have my eyes on a CV tele custom too. GAS never sleeps!

helliott
November 12th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Great tone. Assume the backer came sans guitar? Where does one get those babies? Nice job.

Eric
November 13th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Great tone. Assume the backer came sans guitar? Where does one get those babies? Nice job.
This place doesn't have Lonely Is the Night, but it has a bunch of other songs:

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

Tig turned me on to it awhile ago. They do a pretty good job with most songs, and an exceptional job every once in awhile.

stingx
November 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Here's the backing track (right-click, save as):

Billy Squier - Lonely is the Night backing track (http://stubble.org/backing_tracks/BillySquier-LonelyIsTheNight.mp3)

SuperSwede
November 16th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Hey StingX, I must have missed this thread earlier! I love your video, I have to try recording something with my iPhone (only a 3gs though).

The classic 30 still rocks (and its owner), no doubt about that!

oldguy
November 16th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Nice job, Pete.:applause Good to see you around again, also.