PDA

View Full Version : Duesenberg Guitar, Any Experience With Them?

mapka
November 11th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Been getting the itch for a new guitar and was looking at the Duesenbergs. Anybody have any thoughts on these guitars? I like the look of them but was wondering about how they sound. Looking for something with a blues/jazz sound to it.

Any comments will be appreciated

Katastrophe
November 11th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Don't know a thing about 'em, except for two things: the Rocket and Dragster models look incredibly cool, and they are probably expensive!

mapka
November 11th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Well I was thinking about an ES 175, L-4, or Gretsch White Falcon. The hollow body Duzzeys are well within these guitars (used) price range. Really like the look of the Campbell signature model http://www.duesenbergusa.com/guitars/mikecampbell/index.html

MAXIFUNK
November 12th, 2010, 12:54 AM
tYvLEpcqy8s&feature=player_embedded

HE uses his a lot but they seemed to be over priced to me for a made in China axe. I know china is getting better in details and quality but 3 grand for an axe made in china really?

Jimi75
November 12th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Yes, I have played plenty of Duesenbergs and they are simply excellent guitars!
I think what you might be looking for is the Duesenberg "Carl Carlton" model.

http://rockshop.de/webbildergross/600/1035747_01.jpg

mapka
November 12th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Yes, I have played plenty of Duesenbergs and they are simply excellent guitars!
I think what you might be looking for is the Duesenberg "Carl Carlton" model.

Thanks for the recommendation! Looked at the USA site and this model is not listed. :confused: It does seem like they offer a model that is similar but not a "signature" model

they seemed to be over priced to me for a made in China axe. I know china is getting better in details and quality but 3 grand for an axe made in china really?

Are you sure that they are Chinese made? I agree about the price versus value if this is the case. I would much rather spend the money on something I know will hold most of its value. Not sure if the Chinese made stuff will do that.

MAXIFUNK
November 12th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Are you sure that they are Chinese made? I agree about the price versus value if this is the case. I would much rather spend the money on something I know will hold most of its value. Not sure if the Chinese made stuff will do that.

I emailed them last year and ask were are your guitars made and the rep said China. So, I am only going buy that response.

mapka
November 14th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I looked at the US site again and the Carlton model is listed as a "CC" model, but I did find it! Contacted one of their authorized sellers on Ebay and was told the guitars are made in Germany. It also alluded to this in the literature available online So I see one in my near future! :-)