PDA

View Full Version : GONE - Jet City JCA20H Head + JCA12S Cab

bcdon
November 11th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hello Fretters,

I bought the Jet City JCA20H head and JCA12S cabinet last Christmas in Seattle and it has less that 15 hours of playing (if that). I really like the amph but I never really bounded with it and spent all my time using my Vox VT30 instead. And since I just bought a new amph this bad boy will have to go.

As a fretter's special, I'm asking $250 + shipping for both. I think this is a very fair price and I'd really love to see a fellow fretter take it home.

The amph is pristine so here are the default pictures. I'll take actual photos if anyone would like them.

Just one caution, I am in Canada so shipping might be a little more than shipping in the states.

I'm not in any real hurry to sale so I'll keep this up here for a while before moving to Craigslist.

Let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT: I'm open to trades too. In fact, I'd give preference to that. I don't need an amph but could always use something else. :) :dude

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/2009/09/19/jca-20h/
http://www.jetcityamplification.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/JCA20H_Front_490W.jpg

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/2009/09/29/jca12s/
http://www.jetcityamplification.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/12S_1.jpg

marnold
November 11th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Just a plug: if you are Canadian, this is probably your best way to get a Jet City mini-stack for an excellent price. I'm sure there are some of you who haven't bought an amph in a while. Robert, for example.

Robert
November 11th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Ha! Like I need another amp... but I would sure like to try one of these. Tell me more about the cabinet and the speaker in it.

oldguy
November 12th, 2010, 06:27 AM
They certainly are a nice little rock n roll amph. Plenty loud w/ a 2 or 4x12 cab. Lots of gain on tap, and take pedals well. No frills, just great sound.

marnold
November 12th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Ha! Like I need another amp... but I would sure like to try one of these. Tell me more about the cabinet and the speaker in it.
I haven't ever taken the back off the cab (it's closed-back) to see what the construction is like. It's bigger than I would have expected for a 1x12", but I don't have much experience in that area. The speaker is a custom-designed Eminence. The folks at Jet City have said that the speaker has a lot in common with Eminence's Legend series. One 16 ohm input, the speaker handles 70W RMS. I really like the projection and "thump" I can get from the cab. Of course, I'm comparing that to my old AD30VT, so . . .

I haven't yet tried the head with a 4x12, but I'd like to.

bcdon
November 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I haven't ever taken the back off the cab (it's closed-back) to see what the construction is like. It's bigger than I would have expected for a 1x12", but I don't have much experience in that area. The speaker is a custom-designed Eminence. The folks at Jet City have said that the speaker has a lot in common with Eminence's Legend series. One 16 ohm input, the speaker handles 70W RMS. I really like the projection and "thump" I can get from the cab. Of course, I'm comparing that to my old AD30VT, so . . .

I haven't yet tried the head with a 4x12, but I'd like to.Thanks for the recommendation there, Rev! I really appreciate it.

Robert: I know you have a lot of killer amphs but why not add this to your stable? :-) :dude

bcdon
November 15th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Sunday, err Monday, Morning Coming Down Bump....

RxpTZYIbE6g

bcdon
November 17th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Last bump before I post this amph on Craigslist. Any takers? I'll even throw in a tour of the Canadian National Igloo; as soon as we get electricity up here. :)

marnold
November 18th, 2010, 10:22 AM
C'mon, Robert. You know you want it.

Robert
December 8th, 2010, 10:43 PM
C'mon, Robert. You know you want it.

It's sitting in my studio right now.... :dance

marnold
December 9th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Sweet! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist--not at that price. Can't wait to hear the clippage. :poke

Radioboy950
December 9th, 2010, 12:19 PM

Nice!
Looking forward to your comments and clips.
Don't forget the Humbuckies :thumbsup
Perhaps the Hag, bridge pickup.

bcdon
December 9th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks for updating the tread title for me!

I hope you enjoy your new amph! :dude