PDA

View Full Version : New Eminence Technology

vroomery
November 12th, 2010, 08:52 AM
http://www.eminence-speaker.com/fdm.asp

I have absolutely no idea how this works. If it sounds good that would be pretty cool.

Jimi75
November 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM
If it works it's great. I think many guitarists would embrace such a technology.

sumitomo
November 12th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I need speakers for some amph's of mine and I think I'll give one a try.I know they are about 200 but won't know till I try.Man Christmas is comming early.Yea!!!! Sumi:D

sumitomo
November 12th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Let me open up a can of worms,there is two choices the Maverek and the Reignmaker,which one would you choose and why?Sumi:D

marnold
November 12th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I wonder how they keep it from moving when the speaker is being shaken all over the place. I'd also like to know about the long-term reliability of a system like this. Cool tech, nevertheless.

jim p
November 12th, 2010, 11:05 AM
look at this link also http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=15619 this has already been posted on.

TradAmpGuy
November 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Looks pretty cool... unless you have them in a closed cab that is ;) The attenuation seems to track pretty even across the speaker's frequency response at about 10dB from full on to full off. Should cut the perceived volume by half. Nice.

ZMAN
November 13th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I just don't like the idea of having to put my hand into the back of a speaker cab. Frequency charts are great for the techies, but I would like to hear them live and see what it does.
Of course I was skeptical about hybrid amps not sounding "real", or too sterile, but the Super Champ XD blew that assumption. So maybe this is the next step for the home player.

vroomery
November 13th, 2010, 09:19 AM
My bad about the double link. I didn't do a search before I posted.

As for the technology, nothing else has really worked since people have tried to tackle the problem of the good sounding section of amps being too loud. Maybe they really have found a decent solution, but I just kinda doubt it. Also, it looks kinda cheap and plasticky.

TradAmpGuy
November 13th, 2010, 11:34 AM
My bad about the double link. I didn't do a search before I posted.

Maybe a mod can merge this with the other one

Perfect Stranger
November 14th, 2010, 07:23 AM
The only thing I can figure is that as you turn the "knob" it would minutely
tighten or loosen the cone somewhat. Of course, I'm probably completely
offbase....but if correct that would not be such ground breaking tech.

deeaa
November 14th, 2010, 09:42 AM
VERY interesting indeed...I dunno how it works, my first guess would be it moves the magnet farther from the coils when u turn it...quite interesting.

That _might_ be a very good system. Just need to have some sort of fork attachment to it that would allow for installation in a closed cab & have an adjuster on the outside.

My guess is it's gonna be rather costly as well? Was there any price info?