PDA

View Full Version : Attempted Duet

marnold
November 14th, 2010, 08:23 PM
My son and I attempted a guitar duet today. We were trying to play "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" via some Christmas tab I got several years ago. I play a melody/harmony part, mainly consisting of double-stops and he plays chords. The first time through it sounded like we had central nervous system problems. After a few runs we almost sounded like we were playing it intentionally. When we get it down a bit more, I'll post a clip.

Eric
November 16th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Nice. Be sure to use tons of gain and huge amounts of delay -- it makes Christmas carols more interesting. Maybe some wah too.

marnold
November 16th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Nice. Be sure to use tons of gain and huge amounts of delay -- it makes Christmas carols more interesting. Maybe some wah too.
Hehe. Believe me, it's almost painful to play this clean. Something interesting about playing a Christmas carol on a guitar with black sharkies :)

Having said that I've got a setting for this in my head that would rawk. I don't know if I'll ever be able to transfer that from my head to my guitar, much less to recording software.

Katastrophe
November 17th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to hear the finished product. With your work ethic, I can imagine that it's gonna sound great when you two are done.

marnold
November 17th, 2010, 12:40 PM
With your work ethic
Are we talking about the same person here, Kat? :)

Katastrophe
November 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Lol, brother! I just remember the effort you put into the Dokken track you were learning, and how much you had improved from the first take to the last. Do that, and y'all will sound great!

NWBasser
November 17th, 2010, 01:52 PM

:rollover :rotflmao:

Eric, you crack me up!

Marnold, I'm looking forward to hearing a recording once you get it down.