PDA

View Full Version : New DVM Pedal Day. Wow!

syo
November 17th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Just received my first pedal from Duh Voodoo Man himself. His "Classic Overdrive" (TS808 clone) pedal. It is exactly what I had hoped for. DVM described this as a "one trick pony" which is exactly what it is. This pony delivers a wonderfully rich, nicely defined overdrive. Really a great classic OD out of this box. Thanks DVM!

BTW, under the hood is quite a meticulous assembly. Very nice work indeed...:applause

duhvoodooman
November 17th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Glad to hear it arrived safely & that you're diggin' it, SYO!

For the rest of you Fretters, there's a shot of what's "under the hood" in THIS THREAD (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=16353).

Katastrophe
November 17th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Congrats, syo! Post a clip if you are able.

Neal
November 17th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I know that it sounds awsome, especially with some of the things Dr. Voodoo does to it.

sunvalleylaw
November 17th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Yeah, his stuff is great. I know I have that trick you have got in my ZYS Mk. II, and the tones are really good!

duhvoodooman
November 17th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Just to clarify--yes, I typically add my own mods/enhancements to many of the pedals I build. The ZYS Mark II and Rabid Rodent--my two most popular pedals--are both extensively altered from their BYOC kit configurations (the Overdrive 2 and Mouse, respectively). But I build the Classic Overdrive "dead stock", with the single exception of using a different control pot rating for the tone control, so that the full sweep of the pot is more useful. Other than that, you're just hearing the magic of a really EXCELLENT clone of the original Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808.

As SYO mentioned, I've stated that this pedal is a "one-trick pony". But that trick is to reproduce the great tone of the most popular overdrive pedal ever produced (especially when you consider its countless copies & derivatives) in a hand-built pedal made to the highest standards of workmanship & quality. And because of the relatively low cost of the kit itself, together with the reduced labor time in assembling a simple, well-laid out pedal, I can offer it for $105 fully assembled & tested but unpainted, or $135 for the fully finished version, ready to be proudly displayed and used on your pedalboard.

BTW, Ibanez will sell you a hand-built version of the TS808 (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TS808HW-Tube-Screamer-Overdrive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=620649), too. Only $350.... :eek: :thwap

P.S. Sorry, mine doesn't come in that fancy box.

Neal
November 17th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I also have one of these pedals that I built. No question about it, It is an outstanding overdrive.