PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Strat Bridge

Robert
November 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I am looking for a good 6 screw bridge for a Mexican Squier Strat. The stock bridge is quite crappy, so I'm only interested in a good bridge, like Fender or Gotoh perhaps.

t_ross33
November 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I have a stock MIM Fender bridge off my Strat (wanted to try out the GFS trem/block). 6-hole c/w springs, trem arm etc. PM me if you're interested. I'll let it go really cheap.

ZMAN
November 19th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Robert: I don't know if you know this but those Mexican Squiers are quite collectable. If your is the one with the larger Fender logo and Squier Series in small letters. It has an Alder body and the body and neck were made in the USA and assembled in Mexico with cheaper hardware and electronics.
Made around 1992/3. Quite a nice find. With a little upgrading it could be on par with any MIM and close to a MIA.
I am always on the lookout for those and the JV Squiers.

Robert
November 19th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Collectable, really? Well the hardware is junk, so I'm replacing that and putting in some good pickups. Demo to come in a few weeks maybe!
It's a decent guitar, but it's not any better than a Fender MIM Strat by any means.

I'm getting the bridge from T_Ross - thanks man!

ZMAN
November 19th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I think the good thing about them is the Made in USA body and neck. Basically a US Strat. When you get all the good stuff in it I bet it will be pretty nice. BTW What does the headstock look like. It is the regular style with the Fender logo?