PDA

View Full Version : I Pressed Record And This Happend

GREENMACHINE
November 18th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Hey guys,
This is a song/jam thing that just came out when I was mucking around in Logic, I just pressed record and this is what came out. Its a bit rough in places but I didn't think it was too bad for an improvised song lol.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

http://www.box.net/shared/f6c4jqiuqq

I'm playing all guitar parts and the bass part, the drums are just a random loop I found from Garageband.

Many thanks,
Cav

SuperSwede
November 19th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Very nice Mr. Green.

oldguy
November 19th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Not bad, Cavelle, not bad:applause .........what guitar were you using, your Strat?

Refresh my old memory.....how old are you now? 18? :thwap

helliott
November 19th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Very nice, Green fellow. My only criticism would be that the lead is a bit too far in front of the rest of the track, so the BT gets buried sometimes. If you're remixing, or just for when you next record, I'd try to get the balance a bit more even so the melody/lead feels like it's right down in the mix with the rest of the stuff. (I know this happens as I've done the same thing lots. Just need to think about that aspect when mastering.)
Keep up the great work!:rockya

GREENMACHINE
November 19th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for nice comments.
Hey Glenn, I'm 17 now. I'm glad you liked it.

Thanks for the advice Helliot, I get a bit carried away and turn the solo track up, but yeah I definitely need to make it fit in the mix more.

Thanks again guys

Katastrophe
November 19th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Great job, Cav!

What did you use for amplification? Lead and rhythm tones sound great.

GREENMACHINE
November 19th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks Kat :)
I'm going from the line out of my Boss ME-70 straight into my macbook. The rhythm track is recorded with an Ibanez acoustic guitar with some chorus added to it.

Cheers,
Cav

MAXIFUNK
November 19th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Good work keep it up!!!:applause :applause

GREENMACHINE
November 20th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks Maxifunk :)

Fretz
November 20th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Very nice Mr. Green!!

Am I hearing some Gary Moore influence in there?