PDA

View Full Version : Games content...Fallout 3 New Vegas

deeaa
November 19th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Well, as a good side to my throat operation I had plenty of time to play the sequel to Fallout 3, probably the greatest game ever in my book.

I originally played the F3 along with its 4 addons for well over a hundred hours, but it only took me 26 hours to complete the main quest.

On New Vegas the main quest is much more complex, and it took over 40 hours to complete - although this time I may not have hurried things too much but also took on side quests quite liberally as they came along.

After I'd finished the game in one way I went back some and finished it in two different ways, each time going back maybe 4-5 hours where I could still make big choices. There's still a whole lot of side quests I never did go thru, and I suspect it'd be quite easy and fun to play most of them if not all thru at some point. But right now, having played something like 60 hours of it in one week(!) I think I'll have a short break from it :-)

At any rate, F3 and F3NV...man, these are formidable games. But only for those who can really spend the hours on 'em...in the first 4-5 hours you just can't get into the groove and the game properly, unless you've really adjusted to it beforehand & know the series.

Nevertheless, the extent of the storyline and all the side quests is immense, and it's downright incredible how well everything works despite everything can change according to your decisions.

The thing that is very different about NV is that while in the original F3 it was rather easy to be completely 'good' and achieve 'Messiah' level by never going much bad at all, well, in NV it just won't compute because there are so many factions you have to deal with, and for many of them there simply doesn't seem to be a peaceful ending available at all, like it seems no matter what you select you always have to destroy the entire Brotherhood of Steel. Except, I never did ally with the Caesar...so perhaps if I did that it would change. Still, in that case you'd surely end up annihilating the New California Republic...

Ah, what a game...! It's more than just a game, it feels like when you've read an exceptional book...it's an experience.

Tig
November 19th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Sounds cool! My teen is GAS'ing for it. I almost bought it for Christmas but hesitated because of the many negative reviews (http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Xbox-360/product-reviews/B0028IBTL6/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending) about the game freezing up. I've read it can be fixed with downloaded patches. Did you have any problems like that?

deeaa
November 19th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I have it for xbox360 and ywah, it did crash a few times....bjt as it saves at every transition it hardly was a big problem, just restart and continue. But yeah, roughly every six hours of playing it'd halt. Probably patches come soon!