PDA

View Full Version : A quick and heavy little ditty

NWBasser
November 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM
Click here to listen to heavy track.mp3 (http://tindeck.com/listen/jckb)

I wish the bass was a bit clearer on this. I'll try more treble next time.

Just messing around trying to get my recording system down.

Katastrophe
November 21st, 2010, 04:25 PM
Sounds great! Nice backer to solo over... :applause :dude

What gear did you use? Guitar? Bass? Amphliphication?

NWBasser
November 21st, 2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks Kat!

I'd love it if someone put a solo over the top.

Guitar was my Epiphone LP Standard through the Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube and miced with an EV vocal mic. I need to remember to EQ it a bit lighter to bring out the bass. Bass usually isn't a consideration when I play guitar.

Drums were the low-tech Alesis SR-16.

Bass was my American Deluxe Jazz though my Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0 and DI post EQ to the Korg D4 digital recorder.

bcdon
November 21st, 2010, 06:41 PM
Very nice!! How about a tab? :-) :dude

marnold
November 21st, 2010, 07:11 PM
A little rawk never hurt anybody (if you don't count standing too close to the guitarist with the pointy headstock)! Must . . . find . . . way . . . to . . . record.

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2010, 12:14 AM
Nice! I had no time for recording this weekend, but hopefully I can take a whack at it some day soon. It would be fun to solo over this heavy little ditty.

deeaa
November 23rd, 2010, 04:46 AM
Well here's a solo I threw over the first minute from the top of my head, after that I kinda lost track.

It was a good opportunity for me to finally use the IK multimedia StealthPedal...been using Amplitube for a long time but since I can't really record via the Stealthpedal as I use a separate soundcard for all else, I've just used the plugin. But now I ran the amplitube X-Gear as a separate program and just recorded to cubase from its plug output to a track.

Downside is I can't then change the sound after it's recorded but on the plus side it's much nicer&easier to play when you hear the sound and a BIG plus is that way I get to use the pedal for wah as well. It feels so super easy to play when you can 'ride' the drive and such, I feel like I could actually play a decent lead some day this way :-)

'British Rocky' preset used just as is, no mods (except the wah from the same preset). Oh yeah the file:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/clips/basserstune.mp3

NWBasser
November 24th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Deeaa,
I couldn't listen to your solo at work and finally got to hear it at home.

Wow, that sounds incredible!

It's amazing what you did with my little riff!

deeaa
November 24th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks! Well the chording/riff is such it lends itself very well for playing stuff over, at least for me! I don't play leads usually but I've done it a little more recently, I really should play over more backings and chordings because I feel very limited with a lot of chordings, can't find sensible things to play over them...but this was very nice, thanks!

Katastrophe
November 25th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Nice! An all original Fretter collaboration!

I totally dig it. Great job!

sunvalleylaw
November 26th, 2010, 12:38 AM
:thumbsup :thumbsup Great! Love it!

NWBasser
November 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks! Well the chording/riff is such it lends itself very well for playing stuff over, at least for me! I don't play leads usually but I've done it a little more recently, I really should play over more backings and chordings because I feel very limited with a lot of chordings, can't find sensible things to play over them...but this was very nice, thanks!

No, thank you Deeaa!

You really set that piece off with that sweet lead playing!:rockya

NWBasser
November 26th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Very nice!! How about a tab? :-) :dude

Yeah Don, the only tab I do is at the local pub!:zzz :poke