PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

ctguy1955
November 21st, 2010, 11:54 PM
First day here, and I guess its only right to say hello to everyone and intoduce myself.

Im basically very shy.

Well it was nice talking to ya, stop by anytime !!!!!

Oh, I guess Im suppose to say something ....sorry, I forgot.

I started playing when I was 14 and borrowed a neighbors sears case and speakers and guitar all in one silvertone special, and I liked it. In the Army,
everyone had a guitar and I borrowed a few here and there and learned some more. I bought a Framus used and brought it home to the states and used it for awhile, and the neck warped. I went awhile with no guitar and a buddy had a nice acoustic electric and so I liked it so much I went out and got one just like it, a Jay Turser and a MG10 Marshall combo.

I eventually bought a Breedlove 12 string and its really great, and then I got a used but NEW 60th anniversary Diamond MIM strat.

Now I want to buy an all black HSS American Standard, so I am selling
a LX200GPS 10" telescope in order to buy one. I have GAS !!!!!!!!!!!

Well that is the axe info..........Im 55 and on wife number 3 (weddings are so much fun!!) and I have two boys in the military, well ONE is a Marine and the other has wears blue and has dream wings, but I love them both, and because of the Nest being empty, I have 3 dogs, 3 birds, 2 fish, a snake,
and a jar on the stairs with the ashes of our cat, who I still bring shrimp to
whenever I go to a restaurant and have shrimp.

Hope that last part didnt scare ya.....the shrimp I leave is really eaten by the rabbit I didnt mention before, so its not really a ghost thing or anything like that.

Hope you enjoyed reading this as my fingers are tired now...............

Clear Skys and may your hearing improve !!!!!!!!!

Mike from Connecticut.

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2010, 12:06 AM
Hi Mike! I'm Steve, and have proudly owned a guitar like your new strat since late '06, when I bought it from a local musician who enjoyed it, but decided he was a Les Paul guy and was trading in to buy a Gibson. His loss was my gain.

Welcome, thanks for the intro, and have fun!

Tig
November 22nd, 2010, 12:30 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Mike! Nice to see you have a fun sense of humor, uncontrollable GAS, and a collection of pets... In other words, you'll fit in well around here.

My household is down to 4 dogs, 2 cats, and 8 gerbils. (was 5, 4, & 12 a year ago)

FrankenFretter
November 22nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hi Mike! Glad to have you aboard.

I keep the ashes of my cat, Bob, on a little shelf in our living room. My fiancee thinks it's creepy, but I'm sure you understand.

No need to be shy here, we're all a pretty friendly bunch!

Robert
November 22nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Hi Mike, welcome! Looks like you'll fit right in here!

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2010, 09:05 AM
BTW Mike, my cousin Marian Call, a traveling folk musician, brings here dead cat's ashes everywhere, takes location photos with interested or not so interested photo subjects, and even has used the ashes as a percussion instrument on some of her recordings. So maybe you can broaden your cat's horizons?! ;)

http://mariancall.wordpress.com/about/

Brian Krashpad
November 22nd, 2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome Mike!

Glad to hear that shrimp is not being wasted!

oldguy
November 22nd, 2010, 07:16 PM
Yep.....

Oh, welcome!