PDA

View Full Version : Your acoustic through a Vox modeler amp

Tone2TheBone
December 1st, 2005, 05:15 PM
Anyone with an acoustic/electric or an acoustic with a pickup tried playing it through one of the clean models on their Valvetronix amps yet? I'm imagining that they would sound good on the Boutique OD model. Gonna try it tonight and give a report for those interested.

Tim
December 1st, 2005, 06:31 PM
I remember reading on another forum that the Boutique Clean was used with good results. I do not remember if they stated they also used a little reverb or chorus with the amp.

I have not had the time to try myself, but if you give a good report I will most likely be plugging in this weekend. My downfall on playing the acoustic is my squeaky fingers going up and down the wound strings.

This web site is just full of good things from very enthused guitarist from all over the world.

Tone2TheBone
December 2nd, 2005, 09:32 AM
Well I tried it. Results were less than stellar but it sounds "ok". I had to reduce the bass down from 1:00 to like 9:00 and also decrease the treble either on the amp or on the graphic eq on my guitar. Its kinda weird hearing an acoustic with it's amplified sound coming out of a speaker at the same time. On a big PA it's different cause it's usually louder than the guitar. What would have been a better test would have been to have someone play in another room while I messed with the eq on the amp or something. I think in a pinch...if you had to amplify your acoustic it would be ok...but you still don't get the natural timbres of the acoustic sound. I did use the Boutique CL model. I didn't try any of the other models though. I'll still work with it to see if I can improve the overall tone. For some reason the amp seems to compress all the frequencies and even if you tweak a knob it almost still has the same presense. I'm trying to get that more ambient sound of the inside of the guitar to come through the amp.

Oh and you have to watch the feedback. :)

Tim
December 2nd, 2005, 10:12 AM
I will try to find the post from the forum I mentioned.

Tim
December 7th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I can't seem to find it anywhere. But I remember them using the Boutique Clean modeler.