PDA

View Full Version : 24 Blues Licks

Robert
November 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
I finally finished my new lesson product (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/download_store/bar_blues_1/). :dance

Here's some info about it. Help me spread the word, if you like this! :thumbsup

5w_1b72Qp6A

tjcurtin1
November 22nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
People - if you've ever watched/listened to Robert spin out those endlessly tasty licks or comp up a storm to a great blues and wished you could play like him, BUY THIS LESSON! Cause here it is, the whole enchilada, start to finish, 48 bars worth! Makes a great Christmas present to yourself if your wife doesn't know what to get you - much better than another tie or replacements for worn socks or underwear...;)

Robert, thanks for doing this - it's the lesson I've dreamed of from you. Now, back to the woodshed. Oh, yeah, and a Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Yanks.

Robert
November 22nd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks Ted, hearing that means a lot to me! I have worked so many hours on this project, so I'm really hoping people will like it. It's by far the best guitar lesson product I have ever produced so far.

I am very glad to hear you find it useful!

I called it Bar Blues 1 because I like this format, and if the feedback is good, I'll probably make a Bar Blues 2 product, with the same approach, but with a completely different type of blues tune, and of course different licks as well.

sunvalleylaw
November 22nd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Very cool Robert! I am looking forward to learning these. I have been working on fretboard knowledge, chord voicings, etc, but I really needed some phrases to learn so that the fretboard knowledge will start to sound like something. Thanks for making this!

Jx2
November 22nd, 2010, 11:42 PM
Im going to wait for the dvd, since I spend most of my time learning in another room then the computer. I signed up for the notification any estimation on when that might be ready?

Robert
November 22nd, 2010, 11:46 PM
Im going to wait for the dvd, since I spend most of my time learning in another room then the computer. I signed up for the notification any estimation on when that might be ready?

Thanks for signing up. I am still working on finishing the DVD project file, and after that, I'll get DVDs made up. I would guess a couple of weeks perhaps, before I have the finished DVDs ready to ship.

Sorry for the wait!

sumitomo
November 23rd, 2010, 08:43 AM
Very Nice Robert,I really like the comp chording in there also! Sumi:D

Robert
November 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Very Nice Robert,I really like the comp chording in there also! Sumi:D

Thanks, a lesson on how to play the chording is included in the video.

Jipes
November 24th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Looks like a great video Robert, you are a good teacher this I can testify (by looking at your videos even before I joined The Fret) however I think imho that the advertising clip is not illustrating enough the content

Robert
November 24th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Looks like a great video Robert, you are a good teacher this I can testify (by looking at your videos even before I joined The Fret) however I think imho that the advertising clip is not illustrating enough the content

No? What would you suggest? The video is already 4 minutes.

Jipes
November 24th, 2010, 09:27 AM
No? What would you suggest? The video is already 4 minutes.
I understand Robert that the length is an issue but I'm sure you can shrink the opening discussion and rather put more examples. Use one after the other in short passages with transitions.

What is more important ? To give a taste of the very nice licks that you demonstrate and explain no ?

Robert
November 25th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I understand Robert that the length is an issue but I'm sure you can shrink the opening discussion and rather put more examples. Use one after the other in short passages with transitions.

What is more important ? To give a taste of the very nice licks that you demonstrate and explain no ?

Sure, I can do that. Examples of me playing some licks at normal speed without instructions, or examples of a few more of how to play them in more detail?

Jipes
November 25th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Sure, I can do that. Examples of me playing some licks at normal speed without instructions, or examples of a few more of how to play them in more detail?

Maybe insisting on the diversity of the licks :thumbsup

Robert
December 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the support and feedback!

I will see if SVL has some comments about the diversity? I made an effort to provide a good variety in these licks.

Neal
January 24th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I think that your Blues lick vidieo is an outstanding work. There's some things on there for the novice and the pro.
It is explained in such a way, that I believe that a Monkey could learn to play.

Keep up the great work Robert.

Robert
January 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Neal, that is great to hear. I have gotten good feedback from my customers so far, and I am very glad you enjoy it too.

I am particularly glad that both novices and experienced players get something out of it. I deliberately mixed easy stuff with more difficult stuff - but the main thought was it has to sound good. Good doesn't have to mean difficult.

Tig
January 24th, 2011, 06:20 PM
It is explained in such a way, that I believe that a Monkey could learn to play.

I am that monkey, thanks! :dance

I've only completed the first of the 2 videos so far, but am quite impressed so far. I've picked up some great licks to fill out my blues playing, and go back to the lesson burn in everything since my memory is the use-it-or-lose-it type.

As you've come to expect from Robert, the lessons are perfect because of the varied speeds shown, different camera angles, and useful technique tips. Each video gets it's own PDF tab file, GuitarPro tab, and the backing track MP3.

This set of lessons will be useful for all levels of guitar player. I'm an intermediate player, so some of the licks are a bit challenging, but there are several that are good for beginners, too.

Unfortunately, I haven't had as much time available as I'd like so spend on the lessons since my wife needs plenty of help after her surgery. I'll post more later.

tjcurtin1
January 24th, 2011, 07:37 PM
+1 +1 +1 ! I was just looking to give this a bump with similar recommendations when I read Neal's and Tig's - get this lesson!

sunvalleylaw
January 24th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I echo these other guys, and want to finally follow up and say there are a lot of diverse licks that can be combined in tons of different ways. So worth it! I just need to spend more time with it than I have had time to spend since I received it. Extremely useful set of vids that are worth more than every penny.