PDA

View Full Version : How's the weather?

Robert
November 23rd, 2010, 09:44 AM
I went out to start the car this morning, and my fingers are immediately frozen. A glance at the thermometer reveals why:

-31 C (-23.8 F) :puke:

I'd rather be here right now -

http://justpaste.it/5ko

:D

R_of_G
November 23rd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Current temperature here 82 F (28 C)

I'd prefer it to be significantly cooler, though not nearly as cold as you have there Robert. Something around 55-60 F would be nice.

Heywood Jablomie
November 23rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
We have snow on the ground, which is pretty rare in these parts. Not a lot - less than an inch, with the current temp being 29F. But even with that tiny amount, schools and business are closed or opening late. Wimps!

Tig
November 23rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Not quite Maldives beauty, but...
79 F/26 C, mostly cloudy, 79% humidity, 20% chance of rain. http://icons-ecast.wxug.com/i/c/a/chancerain.gif

We'll be in the 40's and 50's F in a few days. http://icons-ecast.wxug.com/i/c/a/partlycloudy.gif

poodlesrule
November 23rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
I went out to start the car this morning, and my fingers are immediately frozen.

I hear Neil Young singing:
Four strong winds
that blow hard ...

marnold
November 23rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
Isn't that crazy cold for Alberta in November? Here in NE WI it is 25F (-4C) with a pretty good wind out of the WNW. Winter is coming and that's just fine with me.

Robert
November 23rd, 2010, 02:11 PM
Isn't that crazy cold for Alberta in November? Here in NE WI it is 25F (-4C) with a pretty good wind out of the WNW. Winter is coming and that's just fine with me.

Yeah, it is cold for November. We had melting temperature just over a week ago. But it will get better later this week they say.

Algonquin
November 23rd, 2010, 02:25 PM
The day here started out at 14C (57F), and is dropping to 3C (37F) this afternoon.

I feel for you Rob, my Nephew is in Calgary right now as well. A week or two ago he was bragging about wearing shorts there... the weather is a fickle thing.

Keep warm.

NWBasser
November 23rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
We have snow on the ground, which is pretty rare in these parts. Not a lot - less than an inch, with the current temp being 29F. But even with that tiny amount, schools and business are closed or opening late. Wimps!

Pretty much the same here in the Seattle area. What a mess last night was! Cars were stranded all over the freeways for many hours.

Spudman
November 23rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
26 F here with sideways snow and hockey rink streets. It's a mess out there and some schools are closed and probably all will be closed tomorrow. My daughter is sad that she's now home schooled because she gets no time off. We are looking at negative single digits tomorrow (thanks Roberto).

Brian Krashpad
November 23rd, 2010, 02:48 PM
81 F.

Could deal with a cool front.

Algonquin
November 23rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
81 F.

Could deal with a cool front.
Camping season is just around the corner... right Krash? :happy

deeaa
November 23rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Jeez Robert I must be higher up north than u but it's been only down to -10 so far. They've predicted it to drop down to -25 or so during the nights for a few days, which is insane for so early winter. Plenty of snow already as well.

Actually now that I look at the map I'm like about a few hundred kilometres north of you, strictly speaking. Hm. One thing that always interested me...what kind of tires do you guys use in cars round there? Spiked? Care to throw a link to a local seller's site what kind? Here it's mandatory to have proper winter tires during the 5 winter months, but we don't use any chains or such. How's it there? Canada has always intrigued me, I always thought, for some reason, if I ever would emigrate and could choose where, my first choices would be Canada and New Zealand, because I think there's something similar to here in both locations.

Robert
November 23rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
I just had a flat tire on Saturday... most people just use all-weather tires. Spiked tires are not that common here, actually.

I get my tires at http://www.kaltire.ca

deeaa
November 23rd, 2010, 04:04 PM
Oh wow...that's way interesting.

Over here, I'd say over 90% of people use studded tires in the winter. I change them every three years too, no matter how little wear.

I used to have a Chevy that came with all-weather tires but those weren't deemed legal for winter here anyway. I made them legal by having them studded at a tire shop. They have to be studded or there is a small selection of special non-stud winter tires as well, that some people use.

I suppose, at your store, this is what most people buy:

http://www.kaltire.com/index.php?page=tires&tire=38

Me, being a cheapskate, I use a slightly cheaper similar tire...but I make up for choosing cheap by changing often.

Robert
November 23rd, 2010, 05:11 PM
Not so many use studded tires here, but Hakkapeliitta is known to be the best! Good Finnish quality, kyllä!

sumitomo
November 23rd, 2010, 05:42 PM
Cold here,suppose to be -4 degrees f here tonight.Man I wish I was at my place in South America,it's in the low 70'sF.Nope,cold here well Bob Marley is playing,that will warm it up mon.Sumi:D P.S.don't let your nut crack off!!!

markb
November 23rd, 2010, 07:01 PM
Sunday. Sunny 20-odd Celsius. Been pretty much the same since.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs985.snc4/75819_472900618838_789188838_5684974_4064924_n.jpg

Childbride
November 23rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
muggy and freakishly warm for nov.

we are, however, supposed to have a significant front tday, which will affect shiner smoking his 20 lb turkey.

i am ready for it to get cooler.

the flip side is, driving for work, there was a literal herd of deer today the size of heifers that were just grazing out in pasture and not crossing the highway for food...

Katastrophe
November 23rd, 2010, 09:20 PM
73 degrees F here tonight, and humid. It rained for a little while this morning. Gonna be cold(er) on Thursday (Thanksgiving) at a low of 38 degrees F.

sunvalleylaw
November 23rd, 2010, 11:36 PM
We received about 15 inches of snow last night, and it is now below zero F. Winter is here!

poodlesrule
November 24th, 2010, 06:26 AM
We need a snowblower sub-forum!

Mine, a freebie from the neighbor, runs fine a full throttle but can't hold idle.

Jimi75
November 24th, 2010, 06:38 AM
+5.1 °C

=

+41.18 F

In my personal sense that's already cold, but nothing compared to the freezing temperatues you are facing Robert :-)

deeaa
November 24th, 2010, 07:22 AM
We need a snowblower sub-forum!

Mine, a freebie from the neighbor, runs fine a full throttle but can't hold idle.

Hehe...I finally got me a blower last year as I found one super cheap! BUT it's a model that's so basic it doesn't even move by itself, other than what pull it generates by the barrel blade as it works. It's basically just as hard and sweaty job using it as shoveling, but you do get a lot more area cleared with it than you'd ever have the energy to shovel by hand.

deeaa
November 24th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Reminds me of an old joke about a guy who went to a drug store to buy a snow blower...

sunvalleylaw
November 24th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Yikes! Woke up to 10 below (F) today! It usually doesn't do this until last week of December/first week or so of January!

Robert
November 24th, 2010, 08:40 AM
-31 C this morning, and my iphone weather app says -38 C... good thing I plugged in the block heater!

Spudman
November 24th, 2010, 09:45 AM
8 degrees above 0 F. I think I'm going to lay out in the yard and tan for a while.

Tig
November 24th, 2010, 10:20 AM
:thumbsup
8 degrees above 0 F. I think I'm going to lay out in the yard and tan for a while.

Or go for a bike ride...
http://blog.makezine.com/img_m534.jpg
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/tech/shows/nahmbs08/nahmbs084/Moots_snow_bike.jpg

Spudman
November 24th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I could use those bike right now.

We got shut down yesterday.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101124/ap_on_re_us/us_western_weather

By BROCK VERGAKIS, Associated Press – 1 hr 22 mins ago

SALT LAKE CITY – A hectic, hard-hitting storm shut down highways in Idaho and Wyoming and threatened much of Utah with a blizzard Wednesday as travelers in the Rockies dealt with canceled flights and windy, snow-covered roads on the day before Thanksgiving.

Numerous schools, governments and businesses in Utah closed hours earlier than normal Tuesday because of the storm, with state traffic officials warning the evening commute could take four times longer than usual.
Highway officials told holiday travelers earlier in the day to get out of town now or risk being stranded on Thanksgiving.

The storm crippled much of the Pacific Northwest Monday and Tuesday, and at least three deaths in Washington state have been blamed on the storm, including a man struck and killed outside his car Monday night on snowy Interstate 5 in Tacoma. On Wednesday, the temperature at Sea-Tac Airport dropped to 14 degrees, a 25-year low.

Officials in Portland, Ore., also were investigating whether a man whose body was found along the Willamette River died from the cold.
The powerful system moving across the West on Wednesday was expected to push a strong cold front south and east across New Mexico, where wind speeds were to increase steadily through the morning. In northern Arizona, drivers were warned to prepare for wind gusts of 25 to 35 mph with drastically reduced visibility in blowing snow.

The National Weather Service had issued a blizzard warning for Utah, where Interstate 84 into Idaho and Interstate 15 were temporarily shut down in northern Utah because of windy, snowy conditions that led two tractor-trailers to jackknife and block traffic.

Even once the roads were reopened, visibility was still very limited there and elsewhere in the state as many commuters made their way home on snow-covered roads.
In the western part of Utah on Tuesday, empty eastbound semitrailers on Interstate 80 were being held near the Nevada line to prevent them from tipping over in the windy salt flats.

In Wyoming, a 40 mile-section of Interstate 80 near the Utah border was closed, and a large section of Interstate 15 in Idaho — from Idaho Falls to the Montana border — was also shut down.
In Seattle, icy roads kept airline crews from getting to the airport, and people who missed their flights because of the dangerous drive were trying to rebook on already crowded planes.

Of the nearly 300 flights scheduled to take off from Salt Lake City International Airport Tuesday evening, nine had been canceled, although it wasn't immediately clear if all of those were caused by the storm.
Even cold-hardened Alaskans were complaining about the weather, with freezing rain making travel hazardous if not impossible. Fairbanks was among the hardest-hit; schools closed and most government agencies and military bases told nonessential workers to stay home.

"I don't think the roads can get much worse," said David Gibbs, emergency operations director for the Fairbanks North Star Borough.
Andy Haner, a weather service meteorologist in Seattle, said the storm blew down from Alaska before turning toward the Northern Rockies. Forecasters say western Washington temperatures should rise above freezing for Thanksgiving, while eastern Washington faces a chance of snow and temperatures below freezing through the weekend.
"Sometimes we call them 'inside sliders' because they slide down the Inside Passage from Alaska," he said
The tiny central Washington town of Waterville became a refuge when the blizzard blasted across the scattered wheat fields and sagebrush along U.S. Highway 2.
"We got sideways snow. We've got snow that's going up, stuck up under things. Snow is everywhere, because it's been so windy," Dave Lundgren, owner of the Waterville Historic Hotel, said Tuesday. "We're definitely going to be looking for inside things to do."
The Washington State Patrol Tuesday launched a plane equipped with a heat-seeking camera to look for stranded motorists from Seattle south to Olympia. It said that in the 24 hours ending at 10 a.m., troopers had responded to 1,557 collisions and 1,274 disabled motorists statewide.

Much of Northwest will get a cold but brief break to dig out and maybe brave travel for the Thanksgiving holiday before more snow that could arrive by Wednesday night.
___

deeaa
November 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Whoa! Me likey the Moots snow bike! I use a regular citycrosser all year round, I just put in a spiked front wheel and wear a helmet in the winter. But that thing looks AWESOME!

FrankenFretter
November 24th, 2010, 03:06 PM

Wow, things were shut down in Corvallis? Not much was shut down here, at least not that I could tell. The drive to work was fun [not], and so was the first job or two of the day. Today my ladder levelers were frozen, which was a pain to deal with. I guess this is just the beginning of what we're in for, right? Yikes.

kidsmoke
November 24th, 2010, 03:35 PM
37 and raining. Entire metropolitan area is in gridlock. Joy. I'll be thankful when I get home, that's for sure. Likely to be pretty late though

kiteman
November 24th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Here I'm using the AC. Got up to 85F, wet and humid, low around 35-40. A cold front is coming in from the north in a few days. The front we had was from the south.

Katastrophe
November 24th, 2010, 04:07 PM
This'll be an appropriate weather related topic, methinks...

Mrs. Kat has to go to Tacoma, Washington in December. Anybody know what the weather is typically like so she can prepare?

She wasn't born in Texas, but she's acclimated to the milder Texas weather, and I don't want her to be under or overprepared for the weather.

That Moots bike looks absolutely mean. I can't imagine bicycling in the snow, though. The only time I like to see snow is in a snow cone, and ice in my sweet tea!

Robert
November 24th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I went for a run today... this is what I looked like when I got home.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_74ced920b346fb.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1836)

FrankenFretter
November 24th, 2010, 09:27 PM

Mrs. Kat has to go to Tacoma, Washington in December. Anybody know what the weather is typically like so she can prepare?

She wasn't born in Texas, but she's acclimated to the milder Texas weather, and I don't want her to be under or overprepared for the weather.

That Moots bike looks absolutely mean. I can't imagine bicycling in the snow, though. The only time I like to see snow is in a snow cone, and ice in my sweet tea!

December in Western Washington can be almost anything...except warm and dry. Expect wet and cold, but be prepared for dry and cold. Snow is unlikely, but possible. It won't be like Texas, that's for sure.

Spudman
November 25th, 2010, 12:05 AM

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_74ced920b346fb.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1836)

Eiiiiiee! It's a bank robber!!

Robert
November 25th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Eiiiiiee! It's a bank robber!!

yeah, why'd you think I ran? :D

Jx2
November 25th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Here lately I feel like Im living in the setting from the movie The Crow.

It cant rain all the time.

Better than snow though

Spudman
November 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Here lately I feel like Im living in the setting from the movie The Crow.

It cant rain all the time.

Better than snow though

Except nobody rain skis.Snow can be fun if you have hills or a well groomed track nearby. But if it does continue rain all the time let us know. I've got to get started on my ark.

Jx2
November 25th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I have a jon boat that I keep upside down, when that puppy starts to float. You'll be the first one to know.

deeaa
November 25th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Uh, I hate when it rains. Except when it's been dry in the summer and then it really pours down...and especially when thunder comes over the lake...there's few things that feel so immense as when you stand on a shore and watch a huge thunderstorm build up accross the lake and start rolling towards you, lightning flashing and wind tearing at you, and the air full of the smell of ozone, you just feel like screaming and laughing, it's simply so invigorating. Even better if you're out on a lake and then run from the storm chasing you, jumping waves and throttle floored...you REALLY feel alive at times like those.

But, overall...much prefer snow to rain.

marnold
November 25th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Rain is really bad if the temperature is about as cold as it can be for it to still be rain. That means ice. This far north if we get an ice storm in the winter it hangs around for a loooong time.

deeaa
November 25th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah...I once had to drive over 400km in a sub-temp rain, meaning rain that was so cold the instant it hit anything it froze instantly. That's the worst weather ever. Is that what you mean by ice storm? It just sticks to everything, and in no time you have icicles hanging everywhere. And it's hell for driving, you simply have to keep pouring antifreeze on the windscreen and it's still freezing all the time.

Luckily that kind of weather isn't very common.

marnold
November 25th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Yep, that'd be an ice storm. If you don't have to drive anywhere and you don't lose power, it is very pretty to see tree limbs totally encapsulated with ice.

Ch0jin
November 25th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Ice storms and snow huh.

11am and it's 78 right here at my desk with a cool breeze through the window. Just broke a sweat doing the housework even ;)

Now I better go clean up so I can maybe have a light meal with a couple of ice cold beers overlooking the beach. Ah Bondi in summer. So many half nekkid ladies one could get serious eyestrain.

Anyway, y'all were talking about snow right? :thumbsup

Spudman
November 25th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Ice storms and snow huh.

11am and it's 78 right here at my desk with a cool breeze through the window. Just broke a sweat doing the housework even ;)

Now I better go clean up so I can maybe have a light meal with a couple of ice cold beers overlooking the beach. Ah Bondi in summer. So many half nekkid ladies one could get serious eyestrain.

Anyway, y'all were talking about snow right? :thumbsup
:mad :reallymad:

sunvalleylaw
November 26th, 2010, 12:05 AM

Kat, I was raised in Tacoma, and basically agree with Frankenfretter that anything is possible. But most likely will be 40s or so and rain or overcast. Could be in the 30s, could be in the 50s. But likely overcast or wet, with a chance of beautiful sun! Snow does not stay around there long if it comes, though they do have some now. If she throws a hat and gloves in just in case, she should be fine. No need to pack snow boots, warm up pants and the like for a town trip. A good coat or jacket that breaks the wind and sheds water is a good thing to have. A compact umbrella is a good thing to have too.

Katastrophe
November 26th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Cool. Doesn't sound too different from how it gets here in winter (when we have winter).

Mrs. Kat will be properly clothed to handle wet and cold. She's going for training for her job, so she'll be inside for the most part, except for travel to/from her hotel, and to grab some food.

Thanks for the info, SVL and FF! Y'all rawk. :dude

sunvalleylaw
November 26th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Cool. Doesn't sound too different from how it gets here in winter (when we have winter).

Mrs. Kat will be properly clothed to handle wet and cold. She's going for training for her job, so she'll be inside for the most part, except for travel to/from her hotel, and to grab some food.

Thanks for the info, SVL and FF! Y'all rawk. :dude

I will also say that low 40s in Tacoma sometimes feels colder in the bones than 20s or 30s in Sun Valley. Just the moisture getting in you know. But if she has a couple layers and her jacket and stuff like I said above, she should be prepared.

Katastrophe
November 26th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I hear ya... Wet and cold sucks. We don't have enough space here, but one day I'll have to tell you about my one, only, and last winter trip in the snow. Everyone I've told it to agreed that I shouldn't be allowed out of the warmer states until at least June or July. :thwap

I've got a lined, all weather coat that I got for my last job (outside in the elements, sticking my hands in a freezer truck, in 40 degree rain on a couple of occasions) that'll fit, complete with lined hood. It kept me toasty warm and dry.

Her mom is gonna help out with some other stuff, too... I just worry about her going, as she went to the East Coast a couple years ago for a training class and it was freezing the whole time she was there.

otaypanky
November 26th, 2010, 09:11 AM

Nice improvement, now you won't frighten the kiddies in the neighborhood!
:poke

Brian Krashpad
November 26th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Camping season is just around the corner... right Krash? :happy

Haha, well, my son has basically dropped out of Scouts; I still want to go camping with him on our own but so far he hasn't been interested. I tried to get him to go to at least one night of Boo Fest a few weeks ago, but he wouldn't. That particular weekend was a cold snap and down into the 30's F, so I ended up sleeping in the Rockmobile instead of the tent, so maybe just as well.

But year, this is a good time of year weatherwise in northc central Florida.

otaypanky
November 26th, 2010, 09:18 AM
:thumbsup

Or go for a bike ride...
http://blog.makezine.com/img_m534.jpg
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/photos/2008/tech/shows/nahmbs08/nahmbs084/Moots_snow_bike.jpg

30 years ago I saw an ad for a Snow Rabbit in the back of a Popular Mechanics magazine, and I was dumb enough to order one. It was actually a lot of fun. It was similar to a mini-bike using a 4 cycle engine, a 'wet' frame that housed the fuel, a ski in front that you could steer from the handlebars, and a 4 or 5 inch wide snowmobile type track in the rear. I had a great time zipping around on heavy snow days when the roads were empty.

Spudman
November 28th, 2010, 05:02 PM
It's snowing sideways again today. Didn't stop me from going for a hike though.

You guys in the midwest brace yourselves, it's on it's way.

Katastrophe
November 29th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Hit 29 degrees F this past Friday for a low. Brrrrrrrrr!

Spudman
November 29th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Drifts today. Lots of drifts. :mad

Ch0jin
November 29th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Oh Drifting here today too!

I went out to the shops earlier and the combination of a V8 engine and the morning rain caused/enabled me to drift sideways 3/4 of the way round the empty carpark ;)

Oh right, you mean snow drifts huh.....

Jimi75
November 30th, 2010, 02:00 AM
It started snowing yesterday an hasn't been stoppping since. Streets and houses are powdered and today will be the first day that my kids will go sleigh riding.

deeaa
November 30th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Germany too, huh?

Yeah it's been crazy this year too...last year there was a LOT of snow here due to NAO - North Atlantic Oscillation - but it's pretty much never happened twice in a row. Usually it's more like El Niño, comes every few years or less...now it's here again. Can't remember it having been this cold so early in the year in my lifetime. It's been down to -20 already...some years there's hardly been snow before Xmas...last year as well, but then after Xmas it came down with a vengeange.

Jimi75
November 30th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Last year was the toughest winter in 65 years here in Germany. It's been terribly cold.

Deeaa, where you live you must be used to minus 30, aren't you?

deeaa
November 30th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Deeaa, where you live you must be used to minus 30, aren't you?

Sort of, it's not that often that it goes so low though, only like a half dozen times a winter. If it occurs late in the winter nobody pays any attention, but now everybody's *****in' about it being too cold :-)

It used to be much colder in my teenage years, maybe it's going back to that...I remember it used to be in midwinter it was constantly around -20 and quite often down to -30 at nights. But the past 10-15 years I'd say it's been only around -10 or warmer for the most of the winter, just occasional colder spells.

The coldest I've still been active in was in Lapland in late 80's when I was on a skiing trip and it was -29 pretty much the whole week we were there...skiing down the slopes with the winchill and all, despite really really warm clothing one had to spend a while drinking something warm between every ride down the slope.

These days, even modern cars seem to have problems dealing with much colder than -20. Older ones work fine but new, complicated diesels in particular are in deep trouble as it's getting near the freezing point for diesel oil already.

Spudman
April 26th, 2011, 08:08 AM
We've been having high winds for weeks, but today takes the cake. EVERYTHING IS COVERED IN SNOW! Ugh!!!!

Spudman
April 27th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I can't believe I was complaining about some snow. The southern USA got crushed with tornadoes today.

Robert
April 27th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Crazy! We have super warm spring weather and the snow is almost gone.

Ch0jin
April 29th, 2011, 05:27 AM
It's rained for over a week here in Sydney. On the bright side, the cool weather and heavy rain is very conducive to shutting all the windows and cranking up the amphs though ;)

Katastrophe
April 29th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Right now it's a cool and clear 59.5 degrees F. Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful, bright, sunny day.

Spudman
April 29th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I was out riding my bicycle in 65 degree weather yesterday and over night it snowed and is now in the low 30 F degrees.

NWBasser
April 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I was out riding my bicycle in 65 degree weather yesterday and over night it snowed and is now in the low 30 F degrees.

Steve, it sounds like our cold front made its way over to your neck of the woods. I took the boy mt. biking on Saturday and it was awesomely warm for the first time this spring.

Speaking of biking, you'd be amazed at the trail-building progress around here. New trails popping up everywhere and some pretty grand plans for great system on the near horizon.

sunvalleylaw
April 30th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Calm, and high overcast with some sun breaks over Horsehead Bay, WA (near Gig Harbor). Can't see the Olympics to the west now, but bet they will come out later. High 50's today. May get near 70 tomorrow. Typical, temperate Puget Sound stuff.

NWBasser
May 2nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Calm, and high overcast with some sun breaks over Horsehead Bay, WA (near Gig Harbor). Can't see the Olympics to the west now, but bet they will come out later. High 50's today. May get near 70 tomorrow. Typical, temperate Puget Sound stuff.

Ah, Steve are you still in the area? Send me a PM and if you have any time available maybe we could get some beers and talk guitars (and basses!).

Robert
May 3rd, 2011, 07:36 AM
We had plus 18 Celsius yesterday (64.5 F). Nice temp for the year here.

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Ah, Steve are you still in the area? Send me a PM and if you have any time available maybe we could get some beers and talk guitars (and basses!).

No, it was just a quick trip and the focus was on my Dad. No time for a beer this time. I will try it again another time. BTW, the weather today is nice back in the valley. A little overcast, but should be in the 50s or so.

street music
May 3rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
It has rained again today, still coming down at this time. Temp has dropped to 43 and will be in the mid 30s tomorrow night BLACKBERRY WINTER? I guess you could say that since they are about to bloom. I'm ready for some nice weather and looking forward to playing golf.

R_of_G
May 4th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Hot here and only getting hotter. The temps during the day are in the mid to high 80s but with the humidity it feels hotter than that. I try to take my daily bike rides at night when it's hypothetically cooler but this past week at least there hasn't been much difference day or night (except not having the sun in mye eyes).

Spudman
May 9th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Snowing here again.:mad

Robert
May 9th, 2011, 10:17 AM
What! Snow?

That's insane - we have hot weather today. No snow in sight anywhere.

sunvalleylaw
May 9th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Snowing here again.:mad

Hmm, we have had rain. Very springy, in a wet sort of way. Soccer in Twin in the rain (at least no howling winds this time), and gardening and jogging in the rain shows in Hailey. Your climate on that end of the Snake River Plain is messed up. I like it better tucked back up here in the mountains more than out on those southern plains.

street music
May 11th, 2011, 05:52 PM
RAIN , HAIL, WIND, spells broke power poles & lines, flooded roads, fields and homes. ENOUGH ALREADY! My yard feels like a sponge!

Spudman
May 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Hang in there Street. It can't last forever.

We finally broke 60 degrees today for the second time this year...and no wind. Yea!

Tig
May 12th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Drought for the last 4 months. By far the most severe in recent history.

Edit: Make it 5 months of drought. Historically, our droughts end in floods. Bad floods.

street music
May 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Spud, we got rain twice again today. OUr lakes are holding back all the water that they can from the Ohio River to try and help the water reduction on the Great MISSISSIPPI. WE have had a lot of localized flooding this week, lots of tree and wind damage. We will recover from our damages but I feel so much for those in the low lands of KY, TN, MO, MISS, ALA who are trying to recover from the tornado damage and now flooding. If NASA would quit the Shuttle trips we might be able to get some of this back under control.

Spudman
May 14th, 2011, 10:54 PM
It's chemtrails I tell ya.

I wish you the best and the same to all those folks getting hammered by the weather. I'm not going to complain anymore.

Spudman
May 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Not complaining - just stating a fact.

We went from 75 to 45 over night.

sunvalleylaw
May 16th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Springish rain/sun/whatever over the weekend in Idaho Falls where we were for soccer, and in Hailey though a bit colder in Hailey, but still spring like. Upon return, heavy winds from a new system brought us this overnight.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/May1611.jpg

It is starting to melt in Hailey, where the sun is out. The kids and I biked to school. But up here in Ketchum, it is gray and cold. i have my bike here for a lunch ride if the clouds break a little, or even if they don't.

Spudman
May 16th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Stage 1 of The Tour Of California bike race was cancelled because it was 28 degrees and 5 inches of snow along with ice on the roads. Lovely!

Tig
May 16th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Stage 1 of The Tour Of California bike race was cancelled because it was 28 degrees and 5 inches of snow along with ice on the roads. Lovely!

I turned on the race coverage to see Phil and Paul talking about snow?! WTF?

http://www.bicycle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/atoc_stage1_2011_snow.jpg
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2011/05/15/14/s432-RPAMGENSNOWYSTARTLINE.standalone.prod_affiliate.4. jpg

sunvalleylaw
May 16th, 2011, 03:09 PM
That half inch or so of wet, frozen gakk is about what it looked like 'round here this morning too up in K-town. Road ride today. Trails aren't drying out for another day or so after that stuff. Road is basically dry now though.

Spudman
May 30th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Skiing fresh snow at the local ski area on Memorial Day.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Junk/memorial20day202011.jpg

Robert
May 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Cool! :)

Jimi75
May 31st, 2011, 03:35 AM
Yesterday we had warm air from the African continent coming to our region and the thermometer showed 32°C...pretty darn hot. Today it's raining, but still very warm...I like :-)

sunvalleylaw
June 2nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
Snow and rain showers here today. June is still mountain spring!

Tig
June 2nd, 2011, 08:42 AM
Will get to 99 eff'in degrees today, breaking 100 on the other side of town.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5110/5789715273_57a257d1f5.jpg

marnold
June 2nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
We had the first several nice days of the year here this week. And I got a head cold, naturally.

Monkus
June 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Its 90F here, but then we're 10 deg north of the equator. Hot and sticky. just moving into the wet season though, should get cooler.

Spudman
June 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
75 yesterday - 55 today.