PDA

View Full Version : Amplitube Stealth Pedal

deeaa
November 24th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Sometimes one just has to just play with FX...I hardly ever have...so I put on a loop and went crazy with the Amplitube FX. I had never used the wamonator (or a whammy of any kind) so it was a trill to toy with it, especially this way playing 'live' and using the expression pedal, not after-the fact-loading on automated FX. Pretty much just tested all kinds of freak settings I could make it do over a simple heavy ex tempore riff...so here's an MP3.

http://deeaa.pp.fi/clips/FREEK.mp3

I could seriously use that whammy effect live as well...I think it's cool as hell..

Jimi75
November 24th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Sounds cool! Your clips has a very oriental touch and the sound fit pretty good.

I used a Digitech Whammy when we produced the album of our Nu-Metal band in 1999/2000. I loved to be able to jump octaves.

deeaa
November 24th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Yeah, if I see a used whammy one of these days, I just might buy it for my main rig...very nice effect!

Does a real Whammy work like this does? i.e. heel down = no effect, then when you move it there's something different harmonies from in between with one voice going higher as you press it further, and just before tow down it goes original and octave, then toe down completely it's again the original plus octave down?

Jimi75
November 24th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Yeah, if I see a used whammy one of these days, I just might buy it for my main rig...very nice effect!

Does a real Whammy work like this does? i.e. heel down = no effect, then when you move it there's something different harmonies from in between with one voice going higher as you press it further, and just before tow down it goes original and octave, then toe down completely it's again the original plus octave down?

Yeah, it's pretty much the same functions. The Digitech whammy (the Ferrari red one) worked that way. Heel down, no effect, the more you pushed the higher the note became, plus some overtones. I loved the sizzling overtones.
The Digitech Whammy 2, the one I had, also offered a dive bomb effect, so the pedal worked vice versa in some kind of way. It also had some pitch and harmony effects that worked well, too. All in all this pedal has a lot of potential and one can really use it. Not for Blues maybe, but fo everything that rocks, such like your Crankenhaus stuff etc.

deeaa
November 24th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Damn, now I have GAS for one...although it really helps to have this @home anyway. Pondering about installing the system to also my laptop so I could also play where ever if mood hits. But, much as I love the program, IK Multimedia is pretty much laden with DRM stuff, so I can only install it 3 more times till I understand I have to buy a new licence(?). Which sucks big time, as I'll be getting a new laptop within a year anyway, and quite possibly redo my desktop completely as well so as to need new authorization. So it's pretty feasible that I would be out of authorizations for machines within a year!

Those authorizations are a *****, I already misplaced some albums I bought off iTunes because I can't be bothered with de-authorizing a machine and such when I swap machines.

Windows also started complaining about authorization key failures after I had reinstalled it like 5 times or so...what can you do, what if you simply try out new motherboards etc. or decide to revamp the system with a different type CPU, would you always buy a new OS? Don't think so! In that case, however, a call to MS rectified the issue and it hasn't complained since...I must have installed my Xp Pro on at least a dozen PC's - never several at same time, but I've been known to tinker with my PC's a little now and then...

Anyway, I suppose (and hope) that a call to IK and explaining I've only used the damned pedal for like a year and still running out of authorizations would help and they'd somehow grant me a few more still.

(BTW I'm nowhere as bad a case as a few of my friends who have a habit for, for instance buying every new smartphone that comes out, keeping one for maybe 3 months and selling it and getting the next one. They claim that way they can get almost what they paid for the phone when they sell it almost new. They do that with laptops too, but usually more like every year or at least half a year for each. My rotation is every two years a new laptop, every two or three years a new smartphone (depends how it lasts) and every year at least one new component or subcomponents for the desktop.)