PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Ovation Help

musicformankind
November 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I have an Ovation Balladeer serial no. 926. I'm interested in selling, possibly on eBay. Can anyone tell me how to find the year of manufacture? I can't seem to get the internet to divulge this info.

Also, any ideas on Starting Bid price and Buy Now price?

TIA
Kelly Moore
Music For Mankind, Inc.
www.musicformankind.net

Auriemma
November 24th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Go here to verify:
http://www.ovationfanclub.com/serials.asp

But it looks like its a 1967.

Put a post or two over at The Ovation Fan Club (http://www.ovationfanclub.com/cgi-bin/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi). Those folks know their O's. You might even find a buyer for that old gal without the ebay hassles.

lou
November 24th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Ovations you either love them or hate them, must be a standard Balladeer ( Model 1111 ) Folk style solid sitka spruce top with a leaf pattern rosette,cedro neck 14/20 fret, rosewood fingerboard rosewood bridge with strings through. Ones in excellent shape could fetch as much as $550-650.00 ( with the original case could be as much as $750.00 )
Good luck with your sale.lou............the price I quoted is a standard price and with the market its hard to say with so many acoustics out ther e right now, so you could see it being as much as 40% lower or if someone really wants another for their collection could go higher, just real hard to say right now.
006-319....1966
320-999.....1967 ( Feb-Nov )
Four difit numbers ( no leeter prefix )
1000- 1967 ( Nov )-1968 ( July )

musicformankind
November 28th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks to both replies. Very helpful.

musicformankind
November 28th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I wasn't able to register or log in on Ovation Fan Club, so I've listed on eBay.
The Ovation Fan Club informed me that my user ID was already taken. I don't have any records of having already registered. Unlikely someone else would use this ID. It's actually a registered trademark. I own it! =) whaddya do?:thwap