PDA

View Full Version : HOT HOT DEAL: D'Addario EXL120 10-Pack 4.01 Shipped!

Perfect Stranger
November 25th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Link to deal posted on Slickdeals:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2415284

Link to items on Musiciansfriend:
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/D%27Addario-EXL120-Electric-Gu...

I ordered 7 ten packs! We'll see if they ship, the order went thru fine...

Good luck....hope you get some too!

:happy

Commodore 64
November 25th, 2010, 06:12 AM
ordered a set. Thanks!

duhvoodooman
November 25th, 2010, 07:52 AM
That's gotta be a listing error, but what the heck! I ordered 5 packages, even though I rarely use 9's. I can give 'em away as gifts!

Perfect Stranger
November 25th, 2010, 08:05 AM
That's what I figured...nothing ventured, nothing gained. If they don't come, meh....if they do then I got 70 packs of XL's for $28

duhvoodooman
November 25th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I just got a notification from MF that they're backordered!

Commodore 64
November 26th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Me too.

Perfect Stranger
November 26th, 2010, 06:08 AM
I haven't gotten the backordered email yet. Hopefully I got in before they ran out. At least they are only backordered and not canceled!:thumbsup

duhvoodooman
November 26th, 2010, 01:12 PM
...At least they are only backordered and not canceled!
Ya jinxed me, PS! I just got a cancellation notice on the order. Not surprised--I'm sure that price listing was an error....

Zip
November 26th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Yep - cancelled. I just called, and they said they cancelled all of 'em because of the pricing error. So much for big-box music stores/sites.:whatever:

Perfect Stranger
November 29th, 2010, 01:36 PM
OK, here's my deal. After not hearing anything from them by this morning, I called MF. I was told by Customer Service that it had been canceled...blah blah blah. So I got into a discussion about my money having not been refunded and that offering something at one price and being offered something else at a higher price is called bait & switch...yada yada yada. BTW, they did offering to sell me the 10-packs @ $20.99 each to show how nice they are making an innocent mistake. Anyway, after battling to a impasse with the Customer No-Service rep, I asked for a supervisor. After a appropriate "maybe he'll hang up' time a supervisor got one the phone. I gotta admit.....she was as nice as she could be and said she understood me being frustrated.....blah blah blah.....but that she couldn't sell me the ten packs any cheaper than the $20.99, and she doesn't know why they hadn't refunded my $28 yet. So I says to her.....well, how about just giving me 2 ten packs for my $28? She thinks about it....says she will have to get approval......comes back in a minute and says alright......two 10-paks for the $28.00 I had already paid. And I say "and of course you'll overnight them to me" just kinda being a smartass and she says "of course". So I didn't get the 7 ten packs I ordered at $4.01 each, but I did get 2 ten packs overnighted to me for $28. Still sucks, but not quite as bad.

FrankenFretter
November 29th, 2010, 02:43 PM
OK, here's my deal. After not hearing anything from them by this morning, I called MF. I was told by Customer Service that it had been canceled...blah blah blah. So I got into a discussion about my money having not been refunded and that offering something at one price and being offered something else at a higher price is called bait & switch...yada yada yada. BTW, they did offering to sell me the 10-packs @ $20.99 each to show how nice they are making an innocent mistake. Anyway, after battling to a impasse with the Customer No-Service rep, I asked for a supervisor. After a appropriate "maybe he'll hang up' time a supervisor got one the phone. I gotta admit.....she was as nice as she could be and said she understood me being frustrated.....blah blah blah.....but that she couldn't sell me the ten packs any cheaper than the $20.99, and she doesn't know why they hadn't refunded my $28 yet. So I says to her.....well, how about just giving me 2 ten packs for my $28? She thinks about it....says she will have to get approval......comes back in a minute and says alright......two 10-paks for the $28.00 I had already paid. And I say "and of course you'll overnight them to me" just kinda being a smartass and she says "of course". So I didn't get the 7 ten packs I ordered at $4.01 each, but I did get 2 ten packs overnighted to me for $28. Still sucks, but not quite as bad.

Wow, you're my hero this week, PS! Cool that you still got something at a really good price. Way to go!

Eric
November 29th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Dag, $4 for a ten-pack would have been sweet. I don't feel so bad for missing out on that now, since it wasn't actually real.

Perfect Stranger
November 30th, 2010, 02:09 PM
*ADDED SIDENOTE*
After working my deal with MF they were actually out of the D'Addario strings and would not be back in stock until next week.
So this morning I talked them into switching my order of 2 ten-packs of D'Addario strings for $28 and overnight shipping
.....to 2 twelve packs of my regular Ernie Ball brand for $28 and overnight shipping. So, I scored an extra 4 packs of strings
just for calling and asking them to switch. :)

duhvoodooman
November 30th, 2010, 03:11 PM
*ADDED SIDENOTE*
After working my deal with MF they were actually out of the D'Addario strings and would not be back in stock until next week.
So this morning I talked them into switching my order of 2 ten-packs of D'Addario strings for $28 and overnight shipping
.....to 2 twelve packs of my regular Ernie Ball brand for $28 and overnight shipping. So, I scored an extra 4 packs of strings
just for calling and asking them to switch. :)
:master :master :master