PDA

View Full Version : Dimarzio Injector

marnold
November 26th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Dimarzio has some new hum-canceling single coils designed for Paul Gilbert called Injector. They're far more middle and ballsy than vintage single coils. I'd have to think that one of these at the bridge of a Strat would rawk. Throw a couple of Area 67s at the neck and middle and you could cover a lot of territory.

Of course Paul Gilbert could strum on a picnic table and it would sound awesome.

y5QWODzgEq0

Katastrophe
November 26th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Wow! Sounds nice and thick, yet not muddy. Me likey!

Paul Gilbert continues to be a total guitar badass. I'm also glad they're making the Fireman more affordable. Didn't the first version cost something like $10,000, or something like that?

Commodore 64
November 27th, 2010, 06:42 AM
On a related note, I just nabbed 3 DiMarzio HS-3 for 80 bucks from my favorite local store. I guess I'm going to put them in every position. Since I don't have anything else remotely close to pair with them.

They aren't Injectors but they are humbucking single coils that are wound pretty hot.

http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/strat/hs3/

If I put these in, I guess I'll have to rely on my tele for vintage sounds heh. I'm still on the fence a little here, as I also have a set of Bill Lawrence Keystones on the way. Maybe I should look at getting another Strat!

Algonquin
November 27th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Of course Paul Gilbert could strum on a picnic table and it would sound awesome.
+1 :dude