PDA

View Full Version : 'Invisible' fretboard stickers

deeaa
November 30th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Just for the hell of it, I bought two sets of these:

http://deeaa.pp.fi/images/view/IMAG0506.jpg

They don't bother or even are noticeable when playing.
IMO the AC/DC bolts on the Davette look just awesome, and in real life you'd not know they aren't real inlays unless you really stick your nose at it.

I'm not so sold on the maltese crosses I put on the V. Methinks I'll get something else for that as well later. They're just a few bux a set, fun li'l accessory albeit completely trivial and unnecessary.

marnold
November 30th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Interesting . . . although I prefer my sharkies :)

Spudman
November 30th, 2010, 11:43 AM
So where do you get those? I have a couple guitars that have no fretboard markers and hard to see side position markers.

Jx2
November 30th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Ive seen those on ebay, was a little skeptical. Might have to see about getting a set now.

Also, I like that dog snap on your strap.

deeaa
November 30th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I got mine from http://www.inlaysticker.com/

And yeah, the Dog strap...almost all my straps come off laptop carry bags, they have those dog strap attachments...very sturdy and sure hold as well!

Jimi75
December 1st, 2010, 03:13 AM
They look great and they really upgrade the "cool" looks of your guitars.
Never knew one could buy such stickers.

:thumbsup

deeaa
December 1st, 2010, 05:17 AM
Yeah I stumbled accross them by accident myself---I did, however make my own such stickers once waaay back in the late 80's when I came accross this super thin sticker material that looked kinda like MOP and reflected well, I cut out fret markers for one of my Charvels and they worked & looked real nice too.

Methinks I'll order a few more indeed one of these days. Those ACDC bolts really look super cool IMO...maybe I'll get more of those :-)

gatorbrit
December 7th, 2010, 07:34 PM
They even have "Birds" so you can make your guitar look like a PRS. Brilliant!

kiteman
December 7th, 2010, 08:21 PM
They're cool as sh*t but I won't need 'em.

I like mine the way it is. :)

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4549/s5030145.jpg (http://img686.imageshack.us/i/s5030145.jpg/)

deeaa
December 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Oh yeah - wouldn't put them on anything with larger trapeze or whatever marker already either...but they can give a nice touch to guitars with just plain white or black plastic dots.

The more I see those ACDC bolts the more I dig them. I might just have them on all my guitars with regular dots soon, they're so cool and I just love ACDC. Just played Malcom's parts and guitar solos for a cover of 'Shotdown In Flames' and of course I had to play them on the guitar with them bolts :-)

BlackAngusYoung
December 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM
I also bought 2 sets of those for the hell of it. Same company but I bought mine from eBay. I put on one set but I took them off a couple hours later.

They were silver stars (without any border or anything.) They would have looked OK except that most had at least one point of the star that wasn't sticking down properly and really made them look like stickers. Specifically, they looked exactly like the shiny star stickers that teachers use and I really think the first impression people would get is that I got them from the dollar store. They really looked like stickers from an angle because each had a perfect circle indentation in the centre from the actual inlay dots.

That's just the stars, though. Another design would look better. The other I ordered are the characters from Space Invaders, which might look better since it's a funny idea. I think the humourous ones would be better than ones that are supposed to look really classy or something. I don't think they'll make anyone think they guitar's a PRS or anything like that.

Whichever design... go for them if you think they'd be really cool stickers and you'll be happy with the quality of these stickers. Don't think you're gonna end up with nice inlay... just nice stickers.