PDA

View Full Version : New Mr Big Song - extremely good

Jimi75
December 1st, 2010, 09:10 AM
I think that is pretty good music....

l-B4Oq-lS6k&feature=related

Robert
December 1st, 2010, 09:33 AM
"no longer available due to copyright claim..." ;)

marnold
December 1st, 2010, 10:17 AM
I'm very interested to hear how that new album turns out. Hopefully it will be more like "Addicted to That Rush" than "To Be with You."

This is the one on the official Frontier Records YouTube channel.
mHGv5FCS2j8

That track is rather understated for a band with Billy Sheehan and Paul Gilbert. Of course they probably wanted to get the most radio-friendly track out.

Eric
December 1st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Was that Gilbert on guitar? Looked like him, but I never really know.

Nice tune.

Katastrophe
December 1st, 2010, 10:38 AM
Yowza! Great tune. I'll bet there's gonna be a shredder or two on the album.

Spudman
December 1st, 2010, 11:01 AM
I'm in! I knew they had gotten Paul back and were recording but I didn't expect something so soon. Sure, it's pop...but kick a$$ pop.

Thanks Jimi for putting this up.

Katastrophe
December 1st, 2010, 11:04 AM
Sure, it's pop...but kick a$$ pop.

Description nailed.

hubberjub
December 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM
As much as I try to distance myself from that kind of music, I will always have respect for Paul Gilbert. The guy is an amazing player and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Jimi75
December 2nd, 2010, 05:18 AM
Description nailed.

Best description so far!!!!!!!!!!

marnold
December 17th, 2010, 03:21 PM
There's a big ad thing for the new album when you visit Melodic Rock, including 45 second clips of all the tracks. http://www.melodicrock.com/

The second track sounds more like what I was hoping for :) After listening to all the clips, it seems there's enough rawk here to outweigh the ballads.

marnold
December 23rd, 2010, 06:44 PM
Updated Melodic Rock link: http://www.melodicrock.com/showcase/mrbig-whatif.html

Tig
December 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
The full album is already up on piratebay.
Sheesh, it doesn't take long!

I really like the rhythm of this song.

deeaa
December 24th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Wow, really need to check this out. Gilbert is one guitar hero I can really dig - most times I can't stand their sounds (vai, moore, etc.) but gilbert rocks! Um, he is still w/big, right?

marnold
December 24th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Wow, really need to check this out. Gilbert is one guitar hero I can really dig - most times I can't stand their sounds (vai, moore, etc.) but gilbert rocks! Um, he is still w/big, right?
Yep, it's the original lineup.

marnold
February 9th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Yet another video. This one is a bit saccharine for my tastes.
n_cyG4WXhdg

Spudman
February 9th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I've been listening to the album for a couple of weeks now. Pretty solid and consistent material from Mr. Big no doubt. Undertow is definitely the standout on the record for me. Paul's guitar sounds a little too spongy and thin a lot of the time. I'm not sure if he's using his new single coil guitar or not. I definitely liked his tone better on the earlier albums. I especially liked his tone when Richie Kotzen was playing.;)

Tig
February 10th, 2011, 08:42 AM
This one is a bit saccharine for my tastes.

+1 ...A bit too much syrup for my pancakes!
:pancake :nope

Jimi75
February 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Syrup coming out of my speakers.....