View Full Version : Wah Pedal Movie!

Robert
December 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM
This looks like a MUST SEE!

Sweet, I can't wait. I loves me some WAHHHHHHH! :dance

Q86TT0Y8j10

R_of_G
December 1st, 2010, 03:29 PM
That should be interesting. In honor of that...

SM5Lc3VjJ74

Ch0jin
December 2nd, 2010, 04:08 PM
I love wah, I just wish my crybaby lived up to the sound in my head. Stock it sucked tone like a demon when in the chain. Real "lift a blanket off the speaker" kind of stuff. So I modded it to true bypass and removed the buffer. Now the impedance is all messed up and wont work with most of my pedals, and direct into the amp it still doesn't sound like I want (which is simply the Hendrix wah sound). I might just use it for a boat anchor and get a Budwah methinks. The BYOC drop in kit looks amazing, that PCB with the trim pots is an awesome idea, but at $120 delivered, that's a lot of cash for guts of a wah.

Jimi75
December 2nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Dweezil nails it - one effect that can sound in so many ways....it's incredible.
Thanks for the post Robert.

Robert
December 2nd, 2010, 04:15 PM
My standard crybaby is fantastic. I don't have any tone suck or issues.

After testing loads of wah pedals, I decided on the CryBaby. It sounded best and was cheapest - win-win! :)

I think the Wah pedal is the most interesting and useful effect to have come along in the last 50 years.

Tone2TheBone
December 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
What the hell Dweezel looks old! :\

Ch0jin
December 2nd, 2010, 10:45 PM
My standard crybaby is fantastic. I don't have any tone suck or issues.

After testing loads of wah pedals, I decided on the CryBaby. It sounded best and was cheapest - win-win! :)

I think the Wah pedal is the most interesting and useful effect to have come along in the last 50 years.

Oh yeah I've heard plenty used by others that sound awesome. Just not mine :(

I actually really fancy the Buddah BudWah. The old one looked the best imo, more of a direct dunlop copy in purple, but the new space age chrome one sounds amaaaaazing.

I think you nailed it with the "..50 years" comment too. Its just such a cool sound.

Have you ever found yourself moving your mouth along to the "wah" sound? I have switchable "vocal mod" values in mine and the more "vocal" it gets, the more I find my mouth going along with it haha.

MAXIFUNK
December 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Since knowing that the original Cry Baby was a Vox product and somehow Dunlap ended up with the name and Hendrix played the Vox version.
The Vox Wah is the only choice for me.

riverrick
December 5th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Love the wah. Had a cry baby, but it sounds awful....a real scratchy sound. So gave it to my grandson and replaced it with a morley. quite happy with it.

bcdon
February 8th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Part 1 of 4 is online, very cool!
nJmY_av_69E

bcdon
February 10th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Come on.. did you all miss this post, this movie is killer! :dude

Monkus
February 18th, 2011, 02:36 PM
awesome

bcdon
February 20th, 2011, 12:11 AM