PDA

View Full Version : Mack Skyraider 15 & Classic Vibe 50

Robert
December 3rd, 2010, 09:56 AM
This time I also used some effect pedals.

Mack Skyraider (http://www.mackamps.com/products-Skyraider-SR15/) with
Maxon SD-9, RC Booster, Strymon blueSky Reverberator, Arion SCH-1.

oiztG0AbgaU

Spudman
December 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
Of course you can make anything sound good.:applause You do an excellent job here. Some very nice tones out of that combination. I do, however, notice a lot of compression in effect. Is that the camera microphone?

Robert
December 3rd, 2010, 02:28 PM
Yes I guess so. I played quite loud.

Spudman
December 3rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
I was curious if that was just sag from the amph or mic compression that I was hearing. What cabinet did you use? Do you notice a big difference with other cabinets?

Robert
December 3rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
I used my Avatar 2x12. I never use any other cabinets because I don't have any. Except I have a 1x10 Mack cabinet, and of course it doesn't have any thump, compared to the 2x12 - huge difference.

I think I am more fond of the Skyraider than the Heatseeker - at least with single coil guitars. It sounds "warmer" somehow to me. But then again, I haven't played the Heatseeker loud in a while. When it is cranked up, it becomes very dynamic. Both a great little amps though! ;)

MAXIFUNK
December 4th, 2010, 01:59 AM
I used my Avatar 2x12. I never use any other cabinets because I don't have any. Except I have a 1x10 Mack cabinet, and of course it doesn't have any thump, compared to the 2x12 - huge difference.

I think I am more fond of the Skyraider than the Heatseeker - at least with single coil guitars. It sounds "warmer" somehow to me. But then again, I haven't played the Heatseeker loud in a while. When it is cranked up, it becomes very dynamic. Both a great little amps though! ;)

Robert GREAT playing as always do they sell those amps in the states?

Robert
December 4th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Robert playing as always do they sell those amps in the states?

No, they sell direct now - see http://www.mackamps.com/products-Skyraider-SR15/

It's a sweet sounding amp.