PDA

View Full Version : Cry Baby Wah Problems

riverrick
December 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Have a cry baby classic Model #GCB-95F. This thing was sounding awful alot of scratchy sound, so I replaced it. My grand son had his 13th B-Day so I was gonna give him some of my old un-used pedals. Plus a new tele. Anyway went to show him how to hook up the pedals and low and behold the wah didn't work at all. Any ideas on why this thing won't make a sound now??? Can it be repaired???

Spudman
December 3rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
Check the battery first. Next plug in the appropriate power supply. If that fails you might have a wire broken on one of the jacks, either input or output.

riverrick
December 3rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks spud.....I know it's not the battery, will check the jacks.

Spudman
December 3rd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Is this the same wah that was scratchy to begin with? That might be a switch issue or a broken solder joint. Check the solder on the lugs on the switch. Do you have a soldering iron? If you do you could just touch up the switch connections and jack connections to be sure. If you do that and it's still dead try an AC power supply. If that fails then I would assume the switch is bad.

riverrick
December 5th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Come to find out I just wasn't pushing hard enough on petal its self. What a dummy!!! Still sounds awful. Must have gotten a lemon??? Have replaced it with a Morley. Quite happy with it.