PDA

View Full Version : You've been warned!!

duhvoodooman
December 4th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Watch/listen to this at your own peril. And if you're a big Pink Floyd fan, I'd suggest clicking the "Back" button in your browser right now....

Jj7pDNDuoJ0

Katastrophe
December 4th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Ouch.... Was this a serious piece, or were they trying to be funny?

I can appreciate a band that's practiced thier collective arses off, in the middle of a trainwreck onstage. I've been there, and I'll gladly applaud the effort by any group that was having an off night.

But that just hurts to listen to.:thwap

Eric
December 4th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Wow. Yeah, not so good. At least now I know that I'm good enough to gig.

progrmr
December 4th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Ouch - man....that bass is soo far off it's not even funny. Especially for a song where the bass is so critical.

I hope they all have day jobs lol!

EDIT: Just got to the guitar solo...wow....just wow...

Jx2
December 4th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Could it possibly be first gig first song jitters? They all look nervous, and right off the bat the singer kept looking out the corner of his eyes, like what the ....... guys

Spudman
December 4th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Ya, that one is making the rounds big time. On one hand they can be proud that thanks to youtube they are more popular than ever. On the other hand everyone sees them dropping the ball time after time after time. Just listening to this makes me want to crawl into a deep dark hole.

Heywood Jablomie
December 4th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Why oh why didn't I heed the warning ?!?!?

TradAmpGuy
December 4th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Why oh why didn't I heed the warning ?!?!?

Yeahthat :thwap My ears have a sad :cry:

msteeln
December 4th, 2010, 01:20 PM
This would have hurt even with the sound off. I thot the lead was gonna throw his guitar down at the end there. Maybe some maracas would have been the answer...

MAXIFUNK
December 4th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Had To Be A Joke!

Ch0jin
December 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Wow. If thats a legit effort, I think all of those guys need to track down the person/s that told them they were ready for that gig and have a serious chat. Not one of them is even close to being on the money there.

As it's outside a music store, perhaps it's a kind of promo thing. You know, if your over 30 and buy a new instrument we'll give you a weeks lessons and a gig.

That clip on tuner on the SG is totally punk rock too ;)

Zip
December 4th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Y'know, I read the title and thought you were posting this vid:
ukjnrXTTvPY

Jimi75
December 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
OMG this is really crappy...

Jx2
December 4th, 2010, 03:34 PM
On that second one you have to wonder. Do these guys think its pretty good? If so what are they listening to?

Spudman
December 4th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I thot the lead was gonna throw his guitar down at the end there.

You must be a glutton for punishment. I could only handle about a minute. And you got to the end? :eek:

I can't believe we are all going down this road. Voodoo, shame on you.:nono:

Tig
December 4th, 2010, 09:32 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/30/128751731761782218.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2508/4106335674_0b9e3880c3.jpg

vroomery
December 5th, 2010, 12:19 AM
This is absolutely hilarious. Wow.

deeaa
December 5th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Guys...isn't there something about not posting abusive and malicious stuff? I may never recuperate from this...still hurts my soul....

LOL :-)

Tone2TheBone
December 8th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Hahahahahaha

NWBasser
December 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
That bass player.....:thwap

I want to burn his bass.

He didn't even seem to realize how bad he was.:spank

NWBasser
December 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Y'know, I read the title and thought you were posting this vid:
ukjnrXTTvPY

Oh, this one's a timeless classic. One of my all-time favorites of parody(?).

Eric
December 9th, 2010, 01:07 PM

I want to burn his bass.

You know, I don't think I noticed his playing until reading this, listening to it again, and tapping my finger when he should have played. Not exactly what I'd call "close".

sumitomo
December 9th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Maybe they were just sober!Sumi:D

deeaa
December 9th, 2010, 02:59 PM

I want to burn his bass.

I've met bassists with similar skills...a buddy's band I was kinda with at the time as well auditioned for bassists once...and they had told them all they'll play a metallica song...and then this one guy comes up, sets up his stuff...and they start to play - I'm watching...and the second the song starts the bassist starts to run around like a headless chicken, moshing and jumping and making a helluva racket of notes in the ballpark of where they should fall...so the guys manage maybe 10 seconds till they one by one quit playing and just laugh so hard they can hardly stand...and this bass guy, it takes him like 4-5 seconds to even understand to stop playing, he's going so frantic...and he just looks around and everyone is rolling on the floor and he just ups and picks up his gear and leaves without a word :-)

It was simply priceless to behold!

NWBasser
December 9th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I've met bassists with similar skills...a buddy's band I was kinda with at the time as well auditioned for bassists once...and they had told them all they'll play a metallica song...and then this one guy comes up, sets up his stuff...and they start to play - I'm watching...and the second the song starts the bassist starts to run around like a headless chicken, moshing and jumping and making a helluva racket of notes in the ballpark of where they should fall...so the guys manage maybe 10 seconds till they one by one quit playing and just laugh so hard they can hardly stand...and this bass guy, it takes him like 4-5 seconds to even understand to stop playing, he's going so frantic...and he just looks around and everyone is rolling on the floor and he just ups and picks up his gear and leaves without a word :-)

It was simply priceless to behold!

Wow, I'd pay a good bit of $$ to have a video of that!

Talk about classic comedy.

Tig
December 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
"Yeah, dude... Like we just bought these cool guitars and stuff last week."

So you haven't had many rehearsals then?

"Duuude, what's a 'rehearsal'?"

Pfft! :spank:

Tig
December 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I had to watch this again for the humor, and it hit me of what this "band" reminded me of...
The "band" in Sling Blade!

k1AjwxfcFVw

Eric
December 11th, 2010, 10:57 PM
For your pleasure:

xYk3lEb_fe4

jasongins
December 12th, 2010, 07:02 AM
There were two really funny spots for me in that one. The first occurs at at :32 when the singer tries to hold the whole thing together with "She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie..." The second thing occurs if you can hang in all the way to about 2:25 when the song ends and the guys doing the filming start to discuss it.

Tig
December 12th, 2010, 07:59 PM
For your pleasure:

God help us! My ears are bleedin' now.

bcdon
December 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Is this for real? Maybe they are trying to be bad as a joke? Or, is it really
possible that these guys are that bad and yet don't know it or don't care?

Are they doing this?

AJpCZpysf94

marnold
December 13th, 2010, 12:34 PM
A couple of things I learned from this thread:

1) I don't like Pink Floyd any better when it's played badly.
2) So THAT's how you play "Cocaine."
3) I can play an awful lot like Zakk Wylde!

I've almost got to think that that's intentionally bad. Certain species of elk can play Cocaine better than that. It's not exactly a complicated song, especially sans solo.

Beerman
December 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM
For your pleasure:

xYk3lEb_fe4
WARNING: Do not watch this video or Comfortably Numb within 3 hours of eating or drinking as it will definitely make you puke.
Look, I'm not into making fun of folks who put their heart and soul into something but, I have at least one family member who professes to love me and I'm sure she would not allow me to do something to myself that would be deadly. Surely one of these guys has someone who loves him and would warn him. I'm surprised the camera could roll that long.
I suddenly feel much better about my lack of talent.

NWBasser
December 13th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Are they doing this?

AJpCZpysf94

:rollover :rotflmao:

I don't know how he managed to keep a straight face as much as he did!

That's too hilarious.

DeanEVO_Dude
December 13th, 2010, 06:26 PM
You mean that wasn't Pink Floyd? It sounded just like the album!!

Flame away, I'm wearing my asbestos unerwear! LOL

FusedGrooves
December 22nd, 2010, 07:46 PM
Had To Be A Joke!

You'd think so but then. . . . wouldn't they be smiling, doing something else to take the p1ss? HOwsabout 1 crap song and the rest of the set was brilliant........

NUP....these guys butcher EVERYTHING!!! Saw the Clapton/Cocaine cover and my ears vomited all over my computer! My eyes were already still bleeding from the first vid .........

O U C H this is a MUST watch for anyone aspiring to 'play' in a 'band' and should all give you a bit of confidence knowing this mob is out there!

Tone2TheBone
December 23rd, 2010, 09:39 AM

Are they doing this?

AJpCZpysf94

Funny how Zakk still manages to play that with his weird but highly functional picking technique anyway. :rotflmao: